Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Uber reliable 762 AR

Before I pull the trigger on a FN Scar 17$$$.........

My needs: A well built 7.62 AR style weapon system that will run...Reliability is first and foremost of importance. Accuracy capability- punch center mass hits consistently on man size target out to 600 yards, If I do my part.
    Nothing is guaranteed but want a durable rifle that can hold on over time, solid build quality.

The Barrett Rec10 has my attention. any users with input on this rifle, please by all means.
    Also looking into the POF-USA Revolution, LMT MWS, Daniel Defense DD5.

POF and Barrett Rec 10 I can pick up now. Not seeing any online folks selling the LMT right now. The rifle I seek will not see a high volume of fire, maybe 150 rds a range session, 3-4 times a year. Ill be using 5.56 rifles for most of my training.
    However of course I want a rifle that can take it if I need be.

Sticking to a "AR" style rifle would be nice, since I am most used to that platform. The Scar 17 is not far off, and I am leaning that direction. But I would like some solid accurate input from actual users to see what direction I could go.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Are you opposed to building your own? Check out Mrgunsngear’s video on the one he built. He lists all the parts he used to build a reliable one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2man View Post
    Before I pull the trigger on a FN Scar 17$$$.........

My needs: A well built 7.62 AR style weapon system that will run...Reliability is first and foremost of importance. Accuracy capability- punch center mass hits consistently on man size target out to 600 yards, If I do my part.
    Nothing is guaranteed but want a durable rifle that can hold on over time, solid build quality.

The Barrett Rec10 has my attention. any users with input on this rifle, please by all means.
    Also looking into the POF-USA Revolution, LMT MWS, Daniel Defense DD5.

POF and Barrett Rec 10 I can pick up now. Not seeing any online folks selling the LMT right now. The rifle I seek will not see a high volume of fire, maybe 150 rds a range session, 3-4 times a year. Ill be using 5.56 rifles for most of my training.
    However of course I want a rifle that can take it if I need be.

Sticking to a "AR" style rifle would be nice, since I am most used to that platform. The Scar 17 is not far off, and I am leaning that direction. But I would like some solid accurate input from actual users to see what direction I could go.

Thank you.
    I think the DD is a good choice amongst the ones you listed. Probably the best choice given the LMT is perpetually OOS. And maybe a better choice anyway. I would stay away from POF.

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Are you opposed to building your own? Check out Mrgunsngear’s video on the one he built. He lists all the parts he used to build a reliable one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I think he means 7.62x51 not x39.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    YES 7.62X51 My apologies on any confusion. I live in a tiny apartment, with no bench or real room to build a rifle at this time. Looking for a rifle, where its grab and go. Why stay away from the POF? I usually hear "good" things on their products.

Feedback Score
    Daniel Defense would get my vote as well. Top notch barrel, bcg, & fully ambi lower.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    KAC SR-25 would get my vote.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had a few different 7.62 AR pattern rifles and my all time favorite for what you describe won't be popular here. I've ran it like a 5.56 at times, 15 yards to100. Off a bipod I regularly hit head shots on the steel out to 300 plus and steel was easy to nail at 500. The farthest I ran it was 585. It was a Larue PredatAR. Most of the time it had a Nightforce 2.5X10X24.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I was looking at the KAC SR-25 16" barrel offerings...and at $5,000.00 Ill have to pass. Heard amazing things about it, and Im a cry once buy once guy...but Damn lol Anywhoo I will look into Larue, I wouldnt say Im opposed to it. I am fairly open minded.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2man View Post
    I was looking at the KAC SR-25 16" barrel offerings...and at $5,000.00 Ill have to pass. Heard amazing things about it, and Im a cry once buy once guy...but Damn lol Anywhoo I will look into Larue, I wouldnt say Im opposed to it. I am fairly open minded.
    You can buy a 16" SR25 ACC upper for $2500ish, grab something like an LMT MARS-H lower for another $1000 and be done. I have the 14.5, and 16" ACC uppers on that lower. Awesome rifles. Definitely my favorite. Now is a good time to snag a new or lightly used KAC 308 upper, because the 6.5CM SR25 uppers are hitting the shelves, and some guys are dumping their 308s.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would buy the SR-25 E2 ADVANCED COMBAT CARBINE MLOK #31893 at $4,249 instead of a SCAR

https://www.kellyenterprises.net/kni...ne-detail.html
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-10-20 at 19:58.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast