Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...in-20rd-black/

Picture doesn't match the product on their website. This is the MLOK defender (non-ambi, waffle stock, single stage) Probably as good a deal as you'll find.

I believe TitanDefense has a few in stock, and he'll work with you to customize a rifle prior to shipping, but you'll pay the parts differences.
    Last edited by IKnowNotEverything; 06-29-20 at 15:22. Reason: Picure does not match product

Feedback Score
    I have a REC10, still haven’t a strong opinion yet. It is light, about same as KAC ACC, I have both so I do know. Still judging accuracy, I will say I was highly disappointed with the mil-spec trigger, so plan to budget on a Geissele or Larue. I will say it has gone bang every time, shooting PRVI M80 and Magtech 168 OTM. When I have more to say, I’ll start a thread.

Feedback Score
    I actually purchased the LMT MWS I linked above. Second place was Seekins SP10, and Larue Ultimate Upper was in the running. I didn't want to spend more than $2k or so, and the LMT pedigree won me over in the end.

The rifle is not nearly as piggish as I was led to believe, cycled perfectly with the limited ammo we ran through it as a function test, and the recoil impulse was much less than I would have believed. The trigger and waffle stock will have to be replaced immediately.

Didn't get a chance to sight her in as the range was packed, and though we had a private bay it was only 35 meters. I had no plans to use the public sight-in area. I plan to put a Bushnell DMR2-i to match my LRTS on the AR15, and call it a day.

Very pleased initially.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Can't go wrong getting an LMT MWS - I've come close to getting one myself several times. Congrats.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Rhino, don’t worry about getting one, I’ve got enough for both of us. Be careful buying one AR10, another can follow quickly.

Black rifle disease is black rifle disease regardless of size.

PB

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah LMT is certainly nice. I reached out to Titan earlier this week, Good folks. I actually think im going to snag up a 5.56 first from them, MRP upper with Mars lower. I am going to hold off on the AR 308 at the moment. I think for MY personal desires on what I want from a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle- Reliable, fairly lightweight and maneuverable, simple design, battlefield accurate etc I think the Scar 17 fits the bill best. Is it worth 3000+ ? No, not in my opinion. But it is what it is. The AR-10 world seems to be evolving over time, with constantly updated features. Rifles are becoming lighter, and reliability appears to be on the incline as well. Honestly in my humble opinion the 762 is outdated for a caliber that would be deployed as a intermediate cartridge that would deliver more punch and power vs a 5.56 mm, yet still be nimble and handier and put people in the dirt from 0-800 meters. Something along the lines of a 6.5 Grendel give or take. A happy medium where you have a round that wont beat up a lighter rifle, yet still deliver strong performance. Anywhoo...little off topic, roger that. Ill move on. But some great advice in here, enjoy hearing the input. Think we can all agree on LMT making a darn good product, and there also seems to be few other companies building some good shit as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2man View Post
    Yeah LMT is certainly nice. I reached out to Titan earlier this week, Good folks. I actually think im going to snag up a 5.56 first from them, MRP upper with Mars lower. I am going to hold off on the AR 308 at the moment. I think for MY personal desires on what I want from a 7.62x51 semi-auto rifle- Reliable, fairly lightweight and maneuverable, simple design, battlefield accurate etc I think the Scar 17 fits the bill best. Is it worth 3000+ ? No, not in my opinion. But it is what it is. The AR-10 world seems to be evolving over time, with constantly updated features. Rifles are becoming lighter, and reliability appears to be on the incline as well. Honestly in my humble opinion the 762 is outdated for a caliber that would be deployed as a intermediate cartridge that would deliver more punch and power vs a 5.56 mm, yet still be nimble and handier and put people in the dirt from 0-800 meters. Something along the lines of a 6.5 Grendel give or take. A happy medium where you have a round that wont beat up a lighter rifle, yet still deliver strong performance. Anywhoo...little off topic, roger that. Ill move on. But some great advice in here, enjoy hearing the input. Think we can all agree on LMT making a darn good product, and there also seems to be few other companies building some good shit as well.
    Get a 6.5CM, the sweet spot for bumping up potential from 556. Shot 130-grain pills and it's a soft shooter.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Get a 6.5CM, the sweet spot for bumping up potential from 556. Shot 130-grain pills and it's a soft shooter.

PB
    I plan to for a precision build. 6.5 CM has been on my radar for some time now.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    PB
    I am a huge fan of the 140gr Berger Hybrid projectiles, and equally as much so for the Berger loaded ammo.
    https://bergerbullets.com/product/6-...0and%20caliber.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Knights ACC

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast