Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah...KACs are the yummness. However I just dont see myself making that substantial extra $$ jump from say a LMT mws for it...specially given my needs. Weight oh yes weight. Well, gone are the days of sandbox fun, and even then we left the heavy shit in pelican cases if the mission did not require it. I honestly see my my needs as a range fun gun from 0-500m/y and something that can punch through shit better vs 556 when and if the Boogaloo hits us. Heck I was even checking out out 1000 dollar PTR 91's lol.
    I think for AR gas gun Im leaning to LMT and DD, maybe Larue. And in piston, the only one that strikes me is the PWS. I really do want to like the POF revolution. But idk, the guts are thinned out of material to make it lighter and comparable to a 556 AR, and while no engineer I am, when firing the larger heavier 762x51 over n over, less material support doesnt seem ideal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Savage MSR10 in 6.5 but also had the 308 one for a couple hundred rounds. Mine runs great now, but there where a TON of kinks that are well documented in its own thread. If I was gonna do it all over again; I would go with Larue, LMT, and DD. There are two guys that I shoot heavy metal with and IIRC the DD has like 3K on it, and the Larue had almost 10K rounds through it. One of my buddies also has an AR10 he rolled up himself on the cheap with mostly Aero parts and its got about 2k through it.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If HK and KAC aren’t in the running, the only other rifle in that class is the LMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I vote the CZ Bren 2 BR. Probably won't be available in the U.S. for several more months, but the 5.56 version is here and there are some reviews.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-...y/cz-bren-2-br

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhyU-6h4kMs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    I vote the CZ Bren 2 BR. Probably won't be available in the U.S. for several more months, but the 5.56 version is here and there are some reviews.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-...y/cz-bren-2-br

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhyU-6h4kMs

How can you vote for a rifle that isn’t even available yet and has no real world end-user data/experience? It appears to be an interesting design and I look forward to owning one. But speaking as someone who loves rifles that lack any real factory support (FN FNC and Swiss SIG 55x), if you’re buying the CZ 308 Bren as your go-to, you need to factor in spare parts and support, and most importantly the ability to support and function as an armorer yourself. Good luck with these neat alternative Euro guns 10-20 years from now, unless you go deep buying parts now. LMT MWS is battle proven, reliable, accurate, reasonable in weight with the LW barrel, and has spare parts and barrels readily available. It’s also super easy to support yourself.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-12-20 at 12:56.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    How can you vote for a rifle that isn’t even available yet and has no real world end-user data/experience?
    Because it looks bada$$ of course!

Feedback Score
    How can you vote for a rifle that isn’t even available yet and has no real world end-user data/experience? It appears to be an interesting design and I look forward to owning one. But speaking as someone who loves rifles that lack any real factory support (FN FNC and Swiss SIG 55x), if you’re buying the CZ 308 Bren as your go-to, you need to factor in spare parts and support, and most importantly the ability to support and function as an armorer yourself. Good luck with these neat alternative Euro guns 10-20 years from now, unless you go deep buying parts now. LMT MWS is battle proven, reliable, accurate, reasonable in weight with the LW barrel, and has spare parts and barrels readily available. It’s also super easy to support yourself.
    Cause I live in the U.S.A. and for now, I can vote for what I want unless BLM strips me of all my rights. All kidding aside the OP mentioned a SCAR and from what I can see this is an improved SCAR for less money. The Czech Army has adopted the rifle, so that's a pretty good endorsement. It's lighter than any AR-10 style rifle, uses a more modern operating system and may be more reliable.

I don't disagree that LMT makes a perhaps best in class rifle and they are battle proven. I own some 5.56 stuff from LMT.

From what I can see CZ is becoming more and more receptive to the American market and the only thing that would stop them from supporting their American firearms sales would be some wokey woke Democrats that will take your rights away. The Czechs are part of Visegrad, very conservative, so all more the reason to support them.
    Last edited by Ventenberry; 06-12-20 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    A thousand times this. I enjoy shooting my SAN SG 751, but LMT's support, parts, quality, and value make them a no-brainer for actual use.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an LMT MWS in 762 and 6.5CM
    I have the Colt6.5CM ( but these are difficult to find if not impossible)

I would trust DD, HK and KAC.

I dont care for the recoil impulse of the SCAR even though its a solid rifle.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    V Seven Harbinger looks like an attractive option, under 7 lbs.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast