Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
    Decent Range session today with my OBR. I did finally find a load that it did not like, factory Federal Gold Medal Match 175 SMK. Those bullets barely make 2400 fps and do not have enough power to push the bolt back far enough to strip another round from the magazine. They do run fine suppressed though. Otherwise, it has eaten every hand load or factory ammo that I have fed it.
    Nice groups. OBRs shoot lights out. The tolerances are amazing too. The bolt group has no play in the upper and glides like two oiled glass surfaces. Truly amazing machining.

My only gripe is that LaRue should have nixed the 20moa top rail in favor of a 0moa rail. And update to mlok.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Yes, I used the OBR LT111 mount which has 0 elevation. Works out pretty good. MLok would be nice. I don't think these rifles have changed since their inception.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
    Yes, I used the OBR LT111 mount which has 0 elevation. Works out pretty good. MLok would be nice. I don't think these rifles have changed since their inception.
    Yep, I had that. But the rail height always bugged me. I swapped to a lower (around 1.3” iirc) 0-moa Spuhr mount and was very pleased with the setup.

LaRue should have just released the Texas Rangers model of the OBR, which had the PredatOBR upper and handguard with OBR barrel and adjustable gasblock.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    These get a great review from Small Arms Solutions https://www.rkguns.com/diamondback-d...-05+Inland+Lib $800 and instant sell out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Good folks do it all the time, but I’m not buying an AR10 that isn’t complete from the factory. There is so much cornfusion with the large frame AR’s, not me. I think RoberttheTexan and others have crushed it, but I just can’t make that gamble.

PB

This is my conclusion also. If I buy a 7.62 AR I'm only crying once and buying a LMT MWS with a 18" bbl.

For now I'll stick with my G3.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    This is my conclusion also. If I buy a 7.62 AR I'm only crying once and buying a LMT MWS with a 18" bbl.

For now I'll stick with my G3.
    My Gen3 PSA lower has been fine. Everyone has "poo-pooed" me for the 18" barrel. I will either build another upper in 16" or swap out my present barrel on my PSA Gen3 upper. I have a Gen2 lower from PSA also.

Feedback Score
    I had the LMT MWS and like it but the weight was a consideration (hiking distance), so when I discovered the Colt 901 ( and it was a pound lighter) I began my search.
    The 901 is for sure a solid battle carbine, it has given repeatable 1 inch +/- groups at 100 yards.
    Since Covid-19 I do not shoot as much as I did, the Colt has been fired less than 200 rounds.
    I miss the barrel changing of the LMT, but the Colt 901 does perform.
    Some thing lighter would catch my attention, but functionality with lighter carbines is a consideration.

The 7.62 cartridge is not the best, but it does work in many different situations and it is available.
    The days of shooting at the range may be over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    I had the LMT MWS and like it but the weight was a consideration (hiking distance), so when I discovered the Colt 901 ( and it was a pound lighter) I began my search.
    The 901 is for sure a solid battle carbine, it has given repeatable 1 inch +/- groups at 100 yards.
    Since Covid-19 I do not shoot as much as I did, the Colt has been fired less than 200 rounds.
    I miss the barrel changing of the LMT, but the Colt 901 does perform.
    Some thing lighter would catch my attention, but functionality with lighter carbines is a consideration.

The 7.62 cartridge is not the best, but it does work in many different situations and it is available.
    The days of shooting at the range may be over.
    The LW barrel changed the MWS into a much more handy rifle. LMT should make that standard on all barrels.

Feedback Score
    Bare weight of LMT?

9.83lbs, that is 14oz heavier than my HK 91
    Last edited by constructor; 09-09-20 at 08:08.

Feedback Score
    Got to take the MWS out for its initial sight in. Had a box of 155 gr Federal Steel Match to go through.

The good news is the gun is a laser. 1 moa groups without a bipod. The bad news is I had several malfunctions, including a double feed. So the gun may not like steel case, which is fine because they discontinued it anyway.

Going to get a big box of 175 RazorCore and re-zero before I try to stretch it out further.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast