Thread: Good Source for Seat Belt Sling?

Feedback Score

Good Source for Seat Belt Sling?

I am in the process of recreating a facsimile of the M16A1 I carried in the ARNG from 1989-1993. I bought a parts kit from Centerfire Systems to start, and have the upper completed. Waiting on NoDak Spud for the lower to be available again.

Anyway, I found a pic of myself with my rifle, and it appears to confirm that I thought I remembered my rifle having a nylon / "seat belt" sling. Anyone have a good source for these? I already have several silent slings. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Sherluk or Sarco

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Only place I saw in stock and unissued.

https://colemans.com/u-s-g-small-arm...4m16ar15-nylon

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynn863 View Post
    Anyway, I found a pic of myself with my rifle, and it appears to confirm that I thought I remembered my rifle having a nylon / "seat belt" sling. Anyone have a good source for these? I already have several silent slings. Thanks.
    Maybe scan the pic and post just the sling part of it here so we can see it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got my seat belt sling on ebay for $14 unissued.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Guys the colemans sling is not the vietnam era "seatbelt" sling. Different material and weave of nylon. The "seatbelt" sling is slick and brown in color. The colemans slings are post-Vietnam.... and might be exactly what the OP had when he was in 89-93.

Feedback Score
    OP here. I went to the CMP Talladega range in June, and they said they had some at the CMP South Store in Anniston, just not enough to list on their online sales page. Luckily, they're only about 100 miles away, so I'll try to go by there soon and get one. Thanks for all the replies.

Feedback Score
    I dont know you are still looking or not, but I recommend you to check on couponcodfiy, my hubby bought himself from there, you need to check there hope you will find easily.
    Last edited by zoeymiler45; 10-21-20 at 23:09.