Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score

New Centurion Arms Triggers

Just got an email about this and a standard mil spec offering. Any idea if these have full power hammer springs?

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/ast.htm
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have talked with Corrie at Centurion Arms about these triggers. They are made by Schmid, and the decision to offer them was made when the normally available Geissele triggers were suddenly unavailable. I would be careful to say they are just the same as some offered by others. As I understand from talking with Corrie, Schmid makes a variety of triggers, and Monty tried them all before deciding on the ones to offer. The 2-stage model is supposedly very similar in feel to an SSA. Yes, they are all probably made by Schmid, but to say they are "all the same" may not be accurate. Imho, if Monty says they are go to go, I'm satisfied they are good triggers.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    I have talked with Corrie at Centurion Arms about these triggers. They are made by Schmid, and the decision to offer them was made when the normally available Geissele triggers were suddenly unavailable. I would be careful to say they are just the same as some offered by others. As I understand from talking with Corrie, Schmid makes a variety of triggers, and Monty tried them all before deciding on the ones to offer. The 2-stage model is supposedly very similar in feel to an SSA. Yes, they are all probably made by Schmid, but to say they are "all the same" may not be accurate. Imho, if Monty says they are go to go, I'm satisfied they are good triggers.
    Never said they were "all the same". I said "looks to be the same". All triggers I listed have 1st Stage~2.0lbs with 2nd Stage~2.5lbs which is what Centurion states. I love Centurion products and own quite bit of their stuff. I even got to take a tour of their facility. I'm just making a simple observation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Considering that these triggers are over $100 less than the comparable Geissele SSA, how is the quality in comparison? Is it G2G for heavy duty use, or is it more for competition?
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 06-11-20 at 18:45.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Just got an email about this and a standard mil spec offering. Any idea if these have full power hammer springs?

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/ast.htm
    I have to admit it's kind of confusing.

Titled of the product is "Centurion Arms LLC- Advanced Sniper Trigger(AST) 2-Stage Trigger"

Further down it is "Drop-In Two-Stage Target Trigger Upgrade"

Then right after that it is "Match Grade Competition Trigger Group"

I get its a 2 stage trigger, but is it duty, target, competition, or "Sniper"?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm going to need someone to get one so they can tell me what I am buying

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Considering that these triggers are over $100 less than the comparable Geissele SSA, how is the quality in comparison? Is it G2G for heavy duty use, or is it more for competition?
    I have two SSA Es, a SD E and a G2S E (Brownells exclusive). The G2S has a different way of going in but personally I would trust is for hard use based on what their website says. I also order the SSA spring kits when on sale and swap them to get a 4# pull with the SSA E break.

The Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) was designed to be a high quality, cost effective option of the Super Semi-Automatic (SSA®) trigger.

The G2S is a non-adjustable combat trigger that is a precision two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA and the sears are also wire EDM cut. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I'm going to need someone to get one so they can tell me what I am buying
    There is a thread on the other forum about these triggers. One individual has posted that he bought and installed the 2-stage model, and that in his opinion it was comparable to a Geissele SSA. He also stated it was much better than his PSA 2 stage trigger and at least as good as his Larue MBT2.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Never said they were "all the same". I said "looks to be the same". All triggers I listed have 1st Stage~2.0lbs with 2nd Stage~2.5lbs which is what Centurion states. I love Centurion products and own quite bit of their stuff. I even got to take a tour of their facility. I'm just making a simple observation.
    I noticed we have a left side view with the Tom's Tactical and the Sionics. The Sionic has the Schmid 'S' and the Tom's Tactical doesn't. Could be the image was flipped, or Maybe Tom's isn't sourcing their triggers from Schmid.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast