Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does anyone know who casts the G triggers?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Does anyone know who casts the G triggers?
    Schmid Tool. The same company that makes the Centurion, BCM, SOLGW, Sionics, etc.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Schmid Tool. The same company that makes the Centurion, BCM, SOLGW, Sionics, etc.
    Any way to verify this?
    That’s a lot of good work being done by a single company.

Let me clarify: I know Sionics, Centurion, SOLGW have repeatedly presented as using Schmid. Just hadn’t seen Geissele on the list.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Any way to verify this?
    That’s a lot of good work being done by a single company.

Let me clarify: I know Sionics, Centurion, SOLGW have repeatedly presented as using Schmid. Just hadn’t seen Geissele on the list.
    BCM also uses them, as does PSA, DSG and several others. If you consider that the ALG MS, QMS, and ACT are all made by Schmid, one could also deduce that the remainder of the triggers would also be cast at the same facility. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt anyone else is casting their triggers due to QA/QC processes that they are already doing at Schmid. The trigger faces are identical across all of the triggers listed, the only outliers are the Lightning Bow and SD triggers, which are a simple mold change.
    Last edited by drtywk; 07-08-20 at 16:38.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplefolk View Post
    I picked up both of the Centurion triggers. I’m no expert, just someone that likes to shoot.

The single stage trigger is crisp, no take up and heavy, great (positive) reset. I don’t run many single stage triggers, so I can only compare it to factory colts and the LaRue. It’s far better than my colts and feels a little heavier than the LaRue. It is a nice trigger and I would buy it again.

The two stage trigger is really nice, both stages are medium to light, good carbine to mid range type trigger for me. No grit and the reset is excellent. I feel the same way about the LaRue, and they function similarly for me. The main difference is the trigger face, the Centurion feels like a colt and LaRues have their own thing going.

I would recommend both Centurion triggers to anyone based on what I shared above.

FWIW
    At the end of the day which would you prefer, the CA or the Larue 2 stage?

I've been debating on picking up a CA 2 stage to throw in my centurion gun to try it out.

Feedback Score
    Necrobump. Has anyone here gotten this trigger and run it hard? If so what are your thoughts?

Centurion seems to sell out of these routinely and I’m tempted to pick one up. But I have yet to find an actual user review.
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I keep missing the instock for the higher end model - folded and bought another SSA on sale over Labor day to replace an MBT2, so it's unlikely that I'll buy one now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Necrobump. Has anyone here gotten this trigger and run it hard? If so what are your thoughts?

Centurion seems to sell out of these routinely and I’m tempted to pick one up. But I have yet to find an actual user review.

I’m not sure what you consider “run it hard”, but I’ve got one which has been used for precision work (the two stage) and roughly 500 or so drops of the hammer. I can’t help any more than my perspective on the one trigger.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Any opinions you’ve formed after those 500 pulls? Really just looking for any input before I drop the clams for one. Centurion has a pretty solid reputation but I can’t find any user input on this particular trigger.
    Last edited by MattC; 09-10-20 at 23:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Any opinions you’ve formed after those 500 pulls? Really just looking for any input before I drop the clams for one. Centurion has a pretty solid reputation but I can’t find any user input on this particular trigger.
    Again, I'm talking specifically about the two stage model. It is nice and clean, and for $93 (IIRC) it is a steal. I would take a pile of these if I could.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast