Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The trigger shoe on the MBT2 is more squared off and after rocking Geissele SSA / SSA-E / Super SCARs for years, I just really prefer the Geissele trigger profile and reset / lock time. MBT2 is a nice inexpensive 2-stage trigger, but to me you get what you pay for - for me the extra $100 to get an SSA (when they are on sale) over an MBT2 is money well spent and then forgotten after I've gone to the range.
    I would rather have a tool steel trigger, but this is my reality as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just really prefer the Geissele trigger profile and reset / lock time.
    Lock time? Is there is a perceptible delay after the MBT2 breaks before the hammer lands?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Would also like to know if there is a difference in lock time. As for the sharp corners on the sides of MBT2, 5 mins with a drum sander, lightly applied, followed by a few passes with a cratex bit and the edges are radiused.
    Oxpho Blue and the trigger again looks factory fresh. Agree that for the money its hard to beat.

Mark

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just installed a Centurion AST in one of my ARs today and I'd recommend buying the first one you see in stock, it really is a steal at the current price. The only non-stock trigger I have currently is the MBT2S, so I only have that to compare it to, but I've owned both the SSA and SSA-E in the past and the AST reminds me more of those. The AST has a milspec shoe, short takeup, predictable break and a short reset. The MBT2S has wider shoe, a longer takup, but a lighter 2nd stage, and longer reset; the included heavier spring improves the reset, but also increases the 2nd stage slightly. For the cost of $80 the MBT2S is a good trigger, for $13 more the AST is an improvement.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Because of this thread, I ordered one of each.

First on the AMT single stage. The only trigger I currently have to compare it to is the BCM PNT trigger. I would say these are very similar. The Centurion feels a tad smoother and lighter, but I probably wouldn't buy one just to replace a BCM PNT. They're very close. There's only like a $7 difference so the price is a wash. If I were picking one to purchase today, go Centurion.

Now for the AST two stage. Holy moly what a trigger for $98. I cannot see myself buying another SSA or SSA-E after using this one. As a longtime Geissele trigger leg humper, it almost pained me to say that out loud at home with no one listening. My wife, who has never cared about what trigger was in her rifle, it was a milspec trigger for years that I later swapped for a LaRue MBT2S, told me she wanted to replace her trigger with the AST. So out came the LaRue trigger and in went the Centurion. I'll pick up another for myself when they come back in stock. The MBT is packaged up and ready to go up for sale.

Sorry Mark and Bill. There's a new trigger Sheriff in town and his name is Monty.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I didn’t like it as much as my multiple Geissele SSA/E. It’s closer in feel to the G triggers than the LaRue is though; probably due to the shoe on the MBT-2S bugging me. I’ll probably keep it to pop into my Centurion receiver set.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Because of this thread, I ordered one of each.
    Are you going to get one of these to compare? https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/2-s...-boron-trigger

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Are you going to get one of these to compare? https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/2-s...-boron-trigger
    No I have no desire to do any kind of comparison between every single NiB/PNT trigger that's out there.. I bought the Centurion triggers because I needed a couple triggers.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Centurion Arms AST trigger is back in stock.

Finally realized I really dislike the MBT-2S trigger shoe but didn't want to pay $200+ for an SSA/SSA-E, so figured I'd give the AST a try for $100 and sell the MBT for $60 or so.

Ordered 1 AST and will put it in my CM762 in place of the MBT-2S.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Centurion Arms AST trigger is back in stock.

Finally realized I really dislike the MBT-2S trigger shoe but didn't want to pay $200+ for an SSA/SSA-E, so figured I'd give the AST a try for $100 and sell the MBT for $60 or so.

Ordered 1 AST and will put it in my CM762 in place of the MBT-2S.
    Got 2. Thank you!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast