Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec78 View Post
    Just bought one from aero precision for 69$,I will report back with a comparison to my geissele ssa and g2s.
    You bought a Centurion Arms trigger from Aero Precision? Post a pic. I’m not calling you a liar, but that seems rather odd...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You bought a Centurion Arms trigger from Aero Precision? Post a pic. I’m not calling you a liar, but that seems rather odd...
    I think he is talking about the Schmid trigger in general. The Aero and Centurion are identical looking except for the Centurion logo. The Aero is blank.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I think he is saying he bought a trigger OEM’d for Aero by Schmid.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Weapon Outfitters has these in stock, They also have the Aero for $69.99 if anyone wants to buy both to compare. I just picked up the Centurion to try as i trust Monty has these specd better than others. it mentions the Centurion is micro polished to eliminate creep and made of A2 tool steel adn specifically mentions no MIM parts. The Aero listing does not include that in their description

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/rif...t-trigger.html

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I have and have had a lot of G triggers through the years as well as an MBT. For $100 ish shipped I decided to throw an AST in my 6920 and first impressions are excellent. It’s a fabulous trigger at any price.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec78 View Post
    Just bought one from aero precision for 69$,I will report back with a comparison to my geissele ssa and g2s.
    I’m curious to see how you like it. I bought one of Aero’s too, because Centurion was out of stock and I had no idea when (or even if) they’d be available again.

Not impressed with the Aero. Pull weight was much higher than advertised: supposed to be 2 lbs for the first stage, plus another 2.5 to break, but the one I received was more like 2+4. (My little scale only goes to 4.5, so I can’t say exactly). I replaced the heavy supplied disconnector spring with a standard one, and that brought it down to something like 2+2.5 or vice versa.

Even with more reasonable pull weight now, it’s definitely not what I’d call “smooth”. Maybe it’ll improve with wear-in.

Given the glowing reviews for the Centurion, I have to think the Aero isn’t quite the same animal, even if they look identical....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I have and have had a lot of G triggers through the years as well as an MBT. For $100 ish shipped I decided to throw an AST in my 6920 and first impressions are excellent. It’s a fabulous trigger at any price.
    I have a LaRue MBT 2-stage. How does the feel, travel, reset etc. of the AST differ? Not asking for better/worse, just differences.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I have a LaRue MBT 2-stage. How does the feel, travel, reset etc. of the AST differ? Not asking for better/worse, just differences.
    Ergonomically I prefer the normal trigger shoe contour, rounded on the sides of the Geisseles / Centurion triggers. MBTs are squared off with a nearly flat front that turns 90 degrees to the sides with minimal contour.

For the reset, I found the MBT2 with a light spring to have a slow, somewhat indistinct reset. Putting the heavier spring in fixes this, other than also increasing the trigger pull weight.

The differences are minor and nuanced, but the AST is very similar in feel (physically the trigger shoe and the trigger pull stages, and reset) to the Geissele SSA. The MBT2 seems far less refined but is acceptable at an $80 price point. The AST is a steal at $90 and I gladly took the $30 loss to sell my MBT2 for $60 and replace it with an AST. I've owned 2 MBT2s and sold them both (one for an SSA and one for an AST - only reason both where ASTs is they were out of stock and the SSA was on sale).

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlew View Post
    I’m curious to see how you like it. I bought one of Aero’s too, because Centurion was out of stock and I had no idea when (or even if) they’d be available again.

Not impressed with the Aero. Pull weight was much higher than advertised: supposed to be 2 lbs for the first stage, plus another 2.5 to break, but the one I received was more like 2+4. (My little scale only goes to 4.5, so I can’t say exactly). I replaced the heavy supplied disconnector spring with a standard one, and that brought it down to something like 2+2.5 or vice versa.

Even with more reasonable pull weight now, it’s definitely not what I’d call “smooth”. Maybe it’ll improve with wear-in.

Given the glowing reviews for the Centurion, I have to think the Aero isn’t quite the same animal, even if they look identical....
    Post #84 just above yours has a link to Weapon Outfitters with CA trigger currently in stock.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just ordered the centurion from the above link. If no one is in a rush, I'll do a comparison when I'm home in ~ a week. Figure I'll be the guinea pig because this piqued my curiosity as well. Was able to get the aero 2 stage discounted so figured it wouldn't cost me much to do the comparison and pass the info along. Also have some mil spec triggers lying around.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast