Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I feel the same. Nothing wrong with the MBT but the AST is excellent. Right now I don’t see a reason to spend the extra for the SSA.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Ergonomically I prefer the normal trigger shoe contour, rounded on the sides of the Geisseles / Centurion triggers. MBTs are squared off with a nearly flat front that turns 90 degrees to the sides with minimal contour.

For the reset, I found the MBT2 with a light spring to have a slow, somewhat indistinct reset. Putting the heavier spring in fixes this, other than also increasing the trigger pull weight.

The differences are minor and nuanced, but the AST is very similar in feel (physically the trigger shoe and the trigger pull stages, and reset) to the Geissele SSA. The MBT2 seems far less refined but is acceptable at an $80 price point. The AST is a steal at $90 and I gladly took the $30 loss to sell my MBT2 for $60 and replace it with an AST. I've owned 2 MBT2s and sold them both (one for an SSA and one for an AST - only reason both where ASTs is they were out of stock and the SSA was on sale).
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Just installed a Centurion AMT in my Colt, it's exactly what I wanted. Previously tried a BCM and an ALG QMS, and went back to the Colt both times. I will not be going back this time.
    I don't know Monty, but you can tell a lot about a man by his triggers.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Just installed a Centurion AMT in my Colt, it's exactly what I wanted. Previously tried a BCM and an ALG QMS, and went back to the Colt both times. I will not be going back this time.
    I don't know Monty, but you can tell a lot about a man by his triggers.
    You chose a stock Colt trigger over.... which BCM trigger?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    PNT, the only one under their brand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok, time for me to chime in here. I have followed this thread closely as I am an admitted Centurion Arms fanboy. I have a couple of their rifles, and 5 of their lowers, so I have some familiarity with their product. I also have several other AR rifles, and one of the common themes for all of them is that they all have Geissele triggers. Not all of the same Geissele, however, as I have SSA, SSA-E, and Super Tricon models in the mix. Today I received another lower from CA, this time I ordered it with their own 2 stage trigger. I have only dry fired it since getting it home, but my initial impressions are very favorable. In a nutshell, it is as close to an SSA as I have seen, without it actually being an SSA. Is it an SSA-E? No, but I didn't expect it to be. All in all, a very nice SSA clone at a very reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got an AMT trigger the other day, installed it in a lower that slated to be SBR’d. I’m not exactly a trigger connoisseur, but based on dry firing (with a NON-NFA upper on it of course) it seems pretty decent. It’s not like the Larue MBT that I have in my DMR build I’ve barely shot (thanks 2020...) but obviously it’s “just” a refined military FCG.
    I have a couple of ALG ACTs and a QMS as well, the Centurion seems a bit better but honestly I’ll have to sit down and compare them both side by side to see how I like the AMT vs the ALG triggers.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    Ok, time for me to chime in here. I have followed this thread closely as I am an admitted Centurion Arms fanboy. I have a couple of their rifles, and 5 of their lowers, so I have some familiarity with their product. I also have several other AR rifles, and one of the common themes for all of them is that they all have Geissele triggers. Not all of the same Geissele, however, as I have SSA, SSA-E, and Super Tricon models in the mix. Today I received another lower from CA, this time I ordered it with their own 2 stage trigger. I have only dry fired it since getting it home, but my initial impressions are very favorable. In a nutshell, it is as close to an SSA as I have seen, without it actually being an SSA. Is it an SSA-E? No, but I didn't expect it to be. All in all, a very nice SSA clone at a very reasonable price.
    Im with you. I think there is a ton of over thinking when it comes to this stuff. I am totally guilty of it.

I usually run SSAs in carbine classes. Last month i used the Centurion 2 stage. IMO, once the drills start, any differences that we notice at home disappear.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    FWIW most stock triggers are pretty good.

I have 9 Colt triggers and most of them are as good or damn near a PNT, of which I have two.

Feedback Score
    I took the AMT out of my Colt and put it in a friends S&W, and put my factory trigger and springs back in mine. He's happy, I'm happy, the end.
    PNT, QMS, AMT, wasted time and money. No mas por favor.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    They’re just stock triggers with nickel/teflon plating.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast