Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    necro from the dead

I've spent thousands of rounds behind the AST, SSA, LaRue and the Aero (in a 308) since the last post her, less with the AXLE but that is growing in round count. There is absolutely a difference in aero and AST, no question about it. The AST is far smoother, fast reset, creep is perfect as you pinpoint break. I compare it to the SSA, really very very little difference

Agree on the shoe with the LaRue and longer reset, swapped the ones out I had for ASTs.

For the price, there is no better trigger at $100 or under and it compares very favorably to the SSA. SSA E is currently on sale for $150 but too light in second stage for work guns imho.
    Solid update. Revival posts with good info are blessings.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good bump. I've been running the Centurion Trigger every weekend for months now in the MMC SOCOM gun. Working great with zero issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    necro from the dead

I've spent thousands of rounds behind the AST, SSA, LaRue and the Aero (in a 308) since the last post her, less with the AXLE but that is growing in round count. There is absolutely a difference in aero and AST, no question about it. The AST is far smoother, fast reset, creep is perfect as you pinpoint break. I compare it to the SSA, really very very little difference

Agree on the shoe with the LaRue and longer reset, swapped the ones out I had for ASTs.

For the price, there is no better trigger at $100 or under and it compares very favorably to the SSA. SSA E is currently on sale for $150 but too light in second stage for work guns imho.
    FWIW, I replaced my SSA-E springs with an SSA set, and it brought it right to where my SSA is weight wise, while still maintaining the crisper break.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Agree with the recent posts - I have 4-5 SSA / 1 SSA-E / 2 Super SCARs / 3 Centurion ASTs.

Honestly when training, I can't tell between the SSA and ASTs unless I look at the trigger beforehand; even then I have to say they are roughly 'the same' in use.

I also recently bought some Schmidt Single Stage triggers from Brownells for like $35 shipped on sale / with discount codes; basically identical to BCMs $55 PNTs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

I also recently bought some Schmidt Single Stage triggers from Brownells for like $35 shipped on sale / with discount codes; basically identical to BCMs $55 PNTs.
    Other than the springs those are the same as the ones from RTB, or PSA, or... (you get the idea)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Other than the springs those are the same as the ones from RTB, or PSA, or... (you get the idea)
    I have a few of the "enhanced" single stage triggers, BCM, PSA, and Brownells and I prefer them to standard "Mil-spec" triggers, which can be nice, terrible, or somewhere in between. The enhanced triggers have less variation (although they do vary). I installed lighter springs on the Brownells/Schmidt trigger for use in my rimfire AR and it is pretty good, especially for the total cost involved.

To be honest, the affordability and quality of 2 stage triggers has me running very few single stage triggers and I don't see myself buying any in the future.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-27-22 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thread title should be changed to Any Trigger you have and want to post about BESIDES the Centurion.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    FWIW, I replaced my SSA-E springs with an SSA set, and it brought it right to where my SSA is weight wise, while still maintaining the crisper break.
    interesting, had not thought to do that but to be honest, i'm so happy with the ast that I'm going that route on all future consideration except in my lmts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Solid update. Revival posts with good info are blessings.
    thanks, I don't post as much as I'd like but this is a solid board

big fan of your posts stick, of course the candy you show every now an then

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Thread title should be changed to Any Trigger you have and want to post about BESIDES the Centurion.
    it's hard to be honest, been through them all over the years and found 2 that are head and shoulders my favorite, one being the AST.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast