Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Worst case scenario, as you say, treat it as a beater/HD gun and drop a GI trigger in it.
    I'll strip the lower down and have a marginally out of spec stripped lower with a stamp on it. The rest of the gun is worth converting over to an in spec lower and doing another form 1. Centurion, Colt, FCD, Aimpoint etc etc. Its the stamp that is the fly in the ointment. Money wasted.

Feedback Score
    You can cancel an application for a tax stamp. That’s what I would do, personally.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KNS oversized anti-rotate pins will probably help.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Gents. Given other triggers work fine in this branded lower I will probably let the stamp play out and use it for another project. Going to replace this lower with a Centurion at some point and can live with it until that point.

I may give the KNS pins a try. My only concern is it feels like the hammer pin hole on the right is where the flex is occurring but not on the left. Not sure if cramming an oversize pin in a normal sized hole (the jokes write themselves) will fix or hurt the issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They do sell a reamer for the holes so you don't have to bash them in.
    Another option is a cassette style trigger group.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    When I first read this I kind of blew it off. The Centurion I have in my 11.5 is excellent. I just put another one in my 10.5 and took it to the range today. It does not feel like my first one at all. Aeroshell on the pins and key contact points but it has grit in the last bit of take-up before the break that was never present on my other one. Wonder if they changed the spec.....
    Not to ignore your observations on the variance in receivers but I think the reality of these Schmid triggers is that they are not made with great precision. People report different feels with different re-brands but it's as likely as not merely sample variation as none of the numbers are statistically significant; the exception being different spring kits like the one from ZEV. As 1168 wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I put one of these in a rifle about a week ago. I’ve shot a few hundred rounds, and several dozen dry fire reps. Yesterday, I dry fired it side by side with a SSA, and later side by side with live ammo. Having read the earlier posts, I must assume that the Sionics 2 stage is inconsistent from model to model, because I love it. I actually prefer it to the SSA in my 16” lightweight carbine with Aimpoint.
    Making a consistent cast trigger is not easy apparently as even Geissele SSA-E shows more variance than MBT-2S do. I am happy with both of my Schmid 2-stage triggers however.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well from what I understand, different Schmid triggers from different sellers are going to be different, because those sellers request different specs from Schmid, so even though Aero, FCD, Botach, PSA, etc., are all selling them, they may not all be created equal.

I believe I read that here somewhere, maybe someone can back me up on a technical source for that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Well from what I understand, different Schmid triggers from different sellers are going to be different, because those sellers request different specs from Schmid, so even though Aero, FCD, Botach, PSA, etc., are all selling them, they may not all be created equal.
    There are different spring kits, e.g. the Aero and Centurion ones come with a red trigger spring and the ZEV model with blue, but are there really any other different specs? I express my doubt. I would believe Centurion does/requests additional quality control before branding theirs but the Aero Precision one I bought seems every bit as good so I don't think there is any actual difference in the polish, geometry, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Not to ignore your observations on the variance in receivers but I think the reality of these Schmid triggers is that they are not made with great precision. People report different feels with different re-brands but it's as likely as not merely sample variation as none of the numbers are statistically significant; the exception being different spring kits like the one from ZEV. As 1168 wrote:

Making a consistent cast trigger is not easy apparently as even Geissele SSA-E shows more variance than MBT-2S do. I am happy with both of my Schmid 2-stage triggers however.

I’m interested in how you took the measurements, they seem rather particular and are absent in areas I would find important.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I’m interested in how you took the measurements, they seem rather particular and are absent in areas I would find important.
    I did not mean to give the impression they are mine. These were from TOS or Reddit. What is notably absent?

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast