Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    There is a thread on the other forum about these triggers. One individual has posted that he bought and installed the 2-stage model, and that in his opinion it was comparable to a Geissele SSA. He also stated it was much better than his PSA 2 stage trigger and at least as good as his Larue MBT2.
    Sounds encouraging. I assumed this would be a direct competitor to the G2S.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd try one but I just settled for another MBT-2S. They aren't as good as the SSA, but at 1/3 the price they are more than good enough for me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I bought a dsgarms 2 stage with boron coating. Looks exactly like the centurion. Trigger pull was heavy as it has a heavy trigger spring. Contact surfaces are a little rough. No where near as good as my 7 Larues. Will polish up the contact points and change out the lighter trigger spring of an extra Larue, prefer the Larue heavy trigger for more positive trigger reset. The trigger was $70 with professional account status so figured what the heck.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I'd try one but I just settled for another MBT-2S. They aren't as good as the SSA, but at 1/3 the price they are more than good enough for me.
    I don’t know if I would say that, I replaced an SSA-E with a LaRue MBT in my 7.62 OBR and I honestly don’t see a difference in the accuracy of “crispness” of the brake. M

I think it will be interesting to compare this trigger to the MBT since they are so close in price.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I don’t know if I would say that, I replaced an SSA-E with a LaRue MBT in my 7.62 OBR and I honestly don’t see a difference in the accuracy of “crispness” of the brake.
    Maybe it's because I have 10 years with SSA/SSA-E/Super SCARs that I can feel the difference in the MBT-2S.

Part of the reason is the trigger shoe is different and flat face on the MBT vs the Geisseles and BCM PNT (and by the looks of it, the Centurions too) having curved sides.

Now that I have 2 x MBT-2S, I'll get some more time behind it but to me, it's a really good 2 stage and for the price, hard to beat. But if price were the same, I'd have stuck with Geissele and only the massive price difference got me to buy the Larue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I bought a dsgarms 2 stage with boron coating. Looks exactly like the centurion.

Really? I find it a bit hard to imagine DSA having a Centurion Arms Arrow on the side of their triggers...

I know its hard for some people to understand, but a manufacture can actually MANUFACTURE more than one product, and they can make variations due to the requirements of the client.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm just saying it had the same markings "S" stamp, minus the Centurion arrows, and same lightning cutouts. Polished up the contact points and it improved. Still more creep than I would like. For the price it is tough to beat the Larue right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is a thread on the other forum about these triggers. One individual has posted that he bought and installed the 2-stage model, and that in his opinion it was comparable to a Geissele SSA. He also stated it was much better than his PSA 2 stage trigger and at least as good as his Larue MBT2.
    The usual shills will be along shortly to use the talking points they were given.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The usual shills will be along shortly to use the talking points they were given.
    You are so right. It always amazes me as to how so many people are so quick to criticize a product without having ever seen or used it. Schmid makes a VARIETY of triggers, not just one or two. Monty tried a bunch before deciding on which ones he would offer. Doubtful they are the same as some of the others mentioned in this thread.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You are so right. It always amazes me as to how so many people are so quick to criticize a product without having ever seen or used it. Schmid makes a VARIETY of triggers, not just one or two. Monty tried a bunch before deciding on which ones he would offer. Doubtful they are the same as some of the others mentioned in this thread.
    Yup. As mentioned earlier, they are likely to be good of Monty vetted them. I can't imagine him putting his name to sub par gear.
    Open the pig!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast