Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New Centurion Arms Triggers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Centurion Arms AST trigger is back in stock.

Finally realized I really dislike the MBT-2S trigger shoe but didn't want to pay $200+ for an SSA/SSA-E, so figured I'd give the AST a try for $100 and sell the MBT for $60 or so.

Ordered 1 AST and will put it in my CM762 in place of the MBT-2S.
    PM me your details, I'm a buyer at $60.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Received the AST today and installed it in my CM762, using the Geissele extended trigger pins (the receiver is wider / thicker where the trigger sits but it takes standard AR triggers).

Install was easy and quick - in no time I was able to compare the Centurion AST to 3 x Geissele SSAs that I have. Functionally they look and feel nearly identical after installing and lubing the AST with some SLIP2000 EWG. I'm glad I didn't pay $240 for the SSAs (got them all on various sales over the years for $150-180) and I would take 2 x ASTs over an SSA all day long. Like others, I'm an admitted Geissele whore when it comes to triggers and scope mounts, but Centurion has something going on with the AST. I think if you do a blind trigger test, it would be very very hard to tell an SSA from an AST.

Compared to the LaRue MBT-2S, there is no contest. The Centurion AST is FAR superior in feel (trigger shoe and pull) and function (very positive reset compared to the MBT-2S). It's WELL worth the extra $15 to get an AST over the MBT-2S and I was glad to sell both of my MBT-2s off for $60 and take the slight loss, because I really never warmed up to the trigger shoe design / feel and the 'meh' reset was, well, meh.

I certainly won't be dumping my tried and proven SSAs, but in the future any 2-stage triggers will be ASTs.

Feedback Score
    How will the Nickel Boron coating hold up long term?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

Compared to the LaRue MBT-2S, there is no contest. The Centurion AST is FAR superior in feel (trigger shoe and pull) and function (very positive reset compared to the MBT-2S). It's WELL worth the extra $15 to get an AST over the MBT-2S and I was glad to sell both of my MBT-2s off for $60 and take the slight loss, because I really never warmed up to the trigger shoe design / feel and the 'meh' reset was, well, meh.
    Now imagine if you paid $100-200 for that MBT-2S like some folks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    How will the Nickel Boron coating hold up long term?
    I’ve got about 8,000 on a Sionics with that coating here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...92#post2891592
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    georgeib,

Feel free to DM me the link to the exact same trigger, I'm always interested in extra info.
    I do have an interesting observation to add, but it ends with more of a question. When PSA started selling these triggers for $69.99 I bought one in my local PSA store. It was laser engraved 1005 Tactical on the hammer. It looks identical to these other triggers, such as the Centurian. I found a Facebook page for 1005 Tactical and it stated they were a retail entity of Schmid Tool. Curiously, that Facebook page no longer exists. I picked up another one for a different PSA range beater and it is the same trigger, with the same Schmid casting marks, but no longer laser engraved 1005 Tactical. I've always thought it was a pretty nice trigger, and feels pretty similar to the trigger in my KAC SR-15, but I've always been curious if a Schmid trigger is a Schmid trigger if you know what I mean. Is the Schmid single stage in my Colt 6920s the same as the Schmid trigger in a $299 PSA kit or do they offer different levels of "quality" or QC/QA on a trigger?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Schmid is an OEM, and a very good one at that, and they make parts to each of their clients specifications. Are there going to be some similarities, yes, but it is a little more involved than just QA/QC.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Schmid is an OEM, and a very good one at that, and they make parts to each of their clients specifications. Are there going to be some similarities, yes, but it is a little more involved than just QA/QC.
    Exactly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    Now imagine if you paid $100-200 for that MBT-2S like some folks.
    At $150-200 I still bought Geissele's without complaint over the Larue. It certainly didn't stay that high very long, after the craze died down and non-Larue Fanbois got them. Larue was a good deal (albeit not for me) at $80, as long as the trigger shoe is acceptable.

I need to get some range time with the Centurion AST but dry fire has been great.

Feedback Score
    Just bought one from aero precision for 69$,I will report back with a comparison to my geissele ssa and g2s.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast