Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most sturdy CZ Scorpion mags?

Feedback Score

Most sturdy CZ Scorpion mags?

Namely of the 30rd variety. I have a couple factory 30 and 20 round mags but supposedly they have a history of breaking feed lips? Who makes one without the inherent weakness that the factory mags supposedly have?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Namely of the 30rd variety. I have a couple factory 30 and 20 round mags but supposedly they have a history of breaking feed lips? Who makes one without the inherent weakness that the factory mags supposedly have?
    The Magpul mags are the best I’ve seen. They have good texture, drop free (unlike the rest), and have seems to hold up just fine.

That said, I had my first scorpion two years ago and had a loaded magazine from when I first got it. I fired it this last week and no problems and no cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've had OEM 20/30s loaded for years, no issues.

I have some of the newer CZ 30s and they are good too.

I think most of the feedlip cracks were 20s with 30rd springs in them from the factory.

I haven't tried Magpuls yet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All 8 of my 1st Gen factory 30 translucent mags cracked a feed lip after leaving them loaded for a month or less.

3 of 6 2nd Gen factory 30 translucent mags cracked a feed lip after leaving them loaded for a month or more.

4 factory 20 1st and 2nd gen mags have not cracked after being loaded for many months.

6 PSA mags needed sanding to drop sorta free and have run fine. No problem being loaded for 8+ months now.

6 Magpul mags have run fine and no problem being loaded for 4+ months.

I have to say that I do like the feel of the PSA mags even though the metal feed lips seem like they could be bigger.

I am sure the Magpul are likely the best overall mag.

Or maybe just don't leave OEM mags loaded unless inserted in the weapon? That mag never cracked because the feed lip had no pressure I would assume.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 06-11-20 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Most sturdy CZ Scorpion mags?

I have 5 of the windowed cz mags no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    By reputation, I would hope that the Magpuls do great. Also, I ordered a bunch of them, so I doubly hope they do great.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    OEM along with all the aftermarket warranty their mags, so regardless of what the internet says about different mags, they're all generally GTG. I bought a case of 30 rounders when the EVO pistol came out years ago, SBR'd it and am still on original 2 mags plus 2 from the case. No issues. If I have issues CZ will replace them as they have demonstrated for others.

Other aftermarket mags are probably as good as their other products, just choose and shoot.

Feedback Score
    I ordered a couple of the Magpul 35rd mags this morning.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    By reputation, I would hope that the Magpuls do great. Also, I ordered a bunch of them, so I doubly hope they do great.
    Hopefully better than their Glock magazines.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I also run Magpul Scorpion mags and they are just as good, if not better than the OEM mags that I have been using since I got the gun 4 years ago.
    Last edited by drtywk; 06-17-20 at 19:52.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast