Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G19 holster and light?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

G19 holster and light?

I currently have an xc1B on my g19 and it rides in an g-code incog holster. My issue is I have zero positive click when I put the gun in the holster. It just seems like it slides in and out. I mean it's in there tight but mentaly I'm uncomfortable, I feel like it's going to slide out or something. This is my first light on a pistol. I want something small. Any suggestions?

Im a mechanic and I'm up, down, leaning over cars and in various positions and I carry appendix. I'm nervous it will either slide out or slide out slightly and catch my shirt in the trigger housing and then bang goes the boys.

I've carried appendix for years in an incog holster so I'm not afraid to carry that way im afraid to carry the xc1 that way because it doesn't seem to engage anything and click into the holster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out Tenicor's SAGAX LUX appendix holster. They molded the holster to have more of a positive retention around the pistol rather than the light body. Works with multiple lights that are about the same size, such as TLR7 or APLc lights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just was looking at that holster. It seems to base retention on pressure rather than clicking into place. My current holster seems to be doing the same thing. I'm just not a fan or really feel confidante with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems like appendix would not be a concern on getting yanked out like centerline of body or further back.

The click you want seems to come from snapping in a trigger guard and I don't know if that is possible with a light on.

They aren't a small foot print, but a Safariland ALS is rock solid to the point it would likely support your weight getting lifted off the ground by the grip and it clicks when the pistol is inserted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Seems like appendix would not be a concern on getting yanked out like centerline of body or further back.

The click you want seems to come from snapping in a trigger guard and I don't know if that is possible with a light on.

They aren't a small foot print, but a Safariland ALS is rock solid to the point it would likely support your weight getting lifted off the ground by the grip and it clicks when the pistol is inserted.
    Im not worried about it falling out in worried it will come out slightly and then go back in with my shirt maybe causing an ND.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    I just was looking at that holster. It seems to base retention on pressure rather than clicking into place. My current holster seems to be doing the same thing. I'm just not a fan or really feel confidante with it.
    That's truly false mental security. The only holsters I have that "Click" into place are my non light bearing Ravens. Adding a light complicates the whole setup and unless the holster is death gripping the light there will be no click.

Put your gun in your holster unloaded, hold it upside down by the holster, with your grip facing down and shake it hard a few times. If the gun falls out, you have too little tension. Or lay on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor and practice drawing from your back with your gun unloaded. If your gun falls out of your holster while laying down, there is not enough tension.

These things could help ease your mind about this.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 06-12-20 at 11:27.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Double tap
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 06-12-20 at 11:22. Reason: double tap

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    Im not worried about it falling out in worried it will come out slightly and then go back in with my shirt maybe causing an ND.
    Are you fairly new to carrying handguns? There would have to be MINIMAL tension on your gun to have it walk out. Even less likely is a garment getting caught in there when it happens and causing an ND. Most garment ND's happen when people are reholstering a live firearm into a IWB holster and not paying attention at all.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Are you fairly new to carrying handguns? There would have to be MINIMAL tension on your gun to have it walk out. Even less likely is a garment getting caught in there when it happens and causing an ND. Most garment ND's happen when people are reholstering a live firearm into a IWB holster and not paying attention at all.
    No, I'm new to carrying a light though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    That's truly false mental security. The only holsters I have that "Click" into place are my non light bearing Ravens. Adding a light complicates the whole setup and unless the holster is death gripping the light there will be no click.

Put your gun in your holster unloaded, hold it upside down by the holster, with your grip facing down and shake it hard a few times. If the gun falls out, you have too little tension. Or lay on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor and practice drawing from your back with your gun unloaded. If your gun falls out of your holster while laying down, there is not enough tension.

These things could help ease your mind about this.
    This is actually how i determine my retention. I must just be being paranoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast