Thread: Tripod for Spotting Scope

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Tripod for Spotting Scope

Look for a decent tripod for my spotting scope. Need to be able to use it prone, but would like to be able to use it sitting as well. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For range use i like my Manfrotto. Very stable, however my model can't be used prone. For prone use when hunting I carry a Vortex High Country which is also much lighter

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Amazon Manfrotto and buy the best you can. And if your not using for hunting, buy a heavy one and they will be cheaper. You may consider buying a fluid video head. The Really Right Stuff cost a fortune, but great for hunting.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Tripod for Spotting Scope

If you’re shooting competitively the Creedmoor Sports is what you want for sitting and prone.

https://www.creedmoorsports.com/prod...nd-Accessories

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    Last edited by lordmorgul; 06-13-20 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    Field tri pod by Hogsaddle is rock solid for the money, although a tad heavy. I added a ballhead and arca adaptors for binos, spotting scope, or the rifle itself

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Another vote for manfrotto. My 055 model could be used prone by spreading the legs all the way out and raising the center column all the way up to let it fold over 90 degrees. I wish I could get phone pics to upload correctly.

Just make sure you get a fluid head. Mine is the MVH500AH
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain