Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: K16i vs NX8

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    ^^^ Which reticle did you get? I’m leaning towards SM1.

I think the Razor Gen IIE would work well too. Seems like it gets within 95% of the k16 for a lot less money. Anyone know what the dot size is on the BDC reticle?

But yea thinking k16i with scalarworks Mount even though SW offers a Gen IIE and Mount combo for $1600. The k16 with SW Mount will be $2400.
    .5 MOA. I have both the II-E and III and like them both a lot.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I own or have owned the vortex gen2 1-6, swaro Z6i 1-6, nf 1-4, nf 1-8 atacr , uso 1-8x.
    I have played with the kahles 1-6 and the S&b and leupold LPVOs

My opinion is swaro has the best glass but worst reticle and illumination. Also not FFP
    I love vortex and using their LPVO is sheer pleasure. But I know too many people using their warranty. I’d pick it for games but for something serious I wouldn’t trust it.
    For $2800 the NF glass disappoints. But it’s usable and I trust it’s durability. I like their reticle and illumination the best.
    Last edited by taliv; 06-14-20 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    I own or have owned the vortex gen2 1-6, swaro Z6i 1-6, nf 1-4, nf 1-8 atacr , uso 1-8x.
    I have played with the kahles 1-6 and the S&b and leupold LPVOs

My opinion is swaro has the best glass but worst reticle and illumination. Also not FFP
    I love vortex and using their LPVO is sheer pleasure. But I know too many people using their warranty. I’d pick it for games but for something serious I wouldn’t trust it.
    For $2800 the NF glass disappoints. But it’s usable and I trust it’s durability. I like their reticle and illumination the best.
    How many people do you know using their warranty and what’re they using it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The only place the the NX8 wins is footprint, between the two I'd recommend going with the Kahles K16i.

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Kahles K18i, I think the question is Kahles K18i, Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10 or Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've owned several k16i's and now an nx8. I prefer the nx8.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How many people do you know using their warranty and what’re they using it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3, including the one i owned and sold to a friend. he used it in a carbine class a few weeks later and it went down in class. don't get me wrong though. they're an awesome optic and i plan to buy one of the gen 3 1-10x when things calm down.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Just something to keep in mind, just because the internet says the eyebox is much bigger on the K16i than the NX8 (which it is, can't get around that due to scope design) doesn't mean that the eyebox is unusable on the NX8.

I've had both K16i (SM1 reticle) and the NX8 (mil reticle) and have chosen the NX8 as my go-to LPVO for now. If something comes out that is heads and tails better while keeping the same or smaller footprint/weight, then maybe I'll consider it.

I made the compromise on eyebox for the durability and reticle design and footprint for a 12.5" "mini-recce". One of the top 3 criteria that I want in a LPVO is a bold reticle that can be used without illumination. Until you get 50,000 hours on a battery like an aimpoint, that will be one of my top requirements...and maybe even then it will still be a huge consideration since it serves as a failsafe.

Additionally, I run 1.93 mounts and if you listen to the internet, there would be no way I could get a consistent cheekweld on the NX8 with that high of a mount...but it's a non-issue for me. It's even less of an issue the more training time I have behind it.

I also currently have a PST2 and have done a couple drills head to head with the NX8 testing the eyebox and illumination on each scope. The only time eyebox was a noticeable difference between the two was when going strong shoulder to support shoulder transitions...though this is more of a training issue and is even questionable whether I would even do that "real world". Times on first shot and target transitions were similar between the two scopes when illumination was used, but there was a slight speed advantage with the NX8 when illumination was off. The bold reticle is very easy to pick up and this is why I chose it.

In the end, you just have to decide what is most important to you, which unfortunately means you may have to get them in hand to check out on your own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post

Additionally, I run 1.93 mounts and if you listen to the internet, there would be no way I could get a consistent cheekweld on the NX8 with that high of a mount...but it's a non-issue for me. It's even less of an issue the more training time I have behind it..
    Don’t want to derail this thread too much but ... for real! Cheek weld was no prob for me at all. I was worried about it and thought I’d wind up sending it back after reading online. I’m left to conclude the number of people who post about things they haven’t tried is even worse than I assumed

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Just something to keep in mind, just because the internet says the eyebox is much bigger on the K16i than the NX8 (which it is, can't get around that due to scope design) doesn't mean that the eyebox is unusable on the NX8.

I've had both K16i (SM1 reticle) and the NX8 (mil reticle) and have chosen the NX8 as my go-to LPVO for now. If something comes out that is heads and tails better while keeping the same or smaller footprint/weight, then maybe I'll consider it.

I made the compromise on eyebox for the durability and reticle design and footprint for a 12.5" "mini-recce". One of the top 3 criteria that I want in a LPVO is a bold reticle that can be used without illumination. Until you get 50,000 hours on a battery like an aimpoint, that will be one of my top requirements...and maybe even then it will still be a huge consideration since it serves as a failsafe.

Additionally, I run 1.93 mounts and if you listen to the internet, there would be no way I could get a consistent cheekweld on the NX8 with that high of a mount...but it's a non-issue for me. It's even less of an issue the more training time I have behind it.

I also currently have a PST2 and have done a couple drills head to head with the NX8 testing the eyebox and illumination on each scope. The only time eyebox was a noticeable difference between the two was when going strong shoulder to support shoulder transitions...though this is more of a training issue and is even questionable whether I would even do that "real world". Times on first shot and target transitions were similar between the two scopes when illumination was used, but there was a slight speed advantage with the NX8 when illumination was off. The bold reticle is very easy to pick up and this is why I chose it.

In the end, you just have to decide what is most important to you, which unfortunately means you may have to get them in hand to check out on your own.
    Also of note, the eyebox on the NX8 is a lot lower than you "think" it is, in many people's cases, especially on 1x.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    Don’t want to derail this thread too much but ... for real! Cheek weld was no prob for me at all. I was worried about it and thought I’d wind up sending it back after reading online. I’m left to conclude the number of people who post about things they haven’t tried is even worse than I assumed
    Absolutely. I call it carpet testing. It’s just as bad in the backpack hunting/camping/survival gear crowd. Guys get a new piece of gear, play with it in the living room for 5 mins and start writing reviews about it. Takes a while to read through enough BS to find the guys who actually use the stuff.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast