Thread: Lpvo 1x vs 1.5x

Feedback Score

Lpvo 1x vs 1.5x

Curious if others experienced is similar.

Ran a drill today over and over and over. Prob 20+ times. 6 rounds. 2 to the body 1 to the head on a idpa cardboard at 10 yards followed by 2 on a large steel plate and 1 on a small steel plate at 50 yards.

At 1.5x my fastest clean run was 4.06 seconds and curiously my slowest was about 4.3

At 1x my fastest clean run was 3.24 and slowest was 3.7 or so.

So on average say half a second faster. Honestly when I was just dry firing and messing around I couldn’t tell any difference until I got close to 2x and then I noticed it was significantly slower. I would have thought I’d be same speed at 1.5.

You guys notice your times changing much on the low end of your LPVO?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I haven't run numbers like you, but they match what I would expect. I bet if you look further, the first shots would be pretty close, but the transitions to different target / target areas start showing the time lag. But that's just a WAG from me.

Thanks for the data! What optic?

Feedback Score
    Nf 1-8 atacr

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The easiest test I've found is just the plain, 'ol Ready up drill from a high-port for time; 10x average. To come close to an Aimpoint/RDS time is the key and many of the "true 1x" take a bit of work to get close to RDS speed. In general 1x>1.1x>1.25x etc. However, mount height, optic design and quality can help/hurt.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would agree with the conclusion, however, I would say the benefits of having that 8X is worth the time lag on average. But for a HD gun, the Aimpoint rules my roost. All around gun out in the open, I'd take a 1-8.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Yeah pb this is my out and about go to gun. My hd gun still has trusty aimpoint. My aimpoint times weren’t faster but that gun is a bit heavier with suppressor