Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta shooting: another officer fired

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I don’t understand what the burning of Wendys has to do with anything. It’s not like Wendy’s told the cops to take whatever action they took. I just don’t understand the burning things, SMDH
    It has nothing to do with the officers and everything to do with criminals knowing they won't be prosecuted for arson and destruction. The people in these DemocRat cities are sh#&tting in their own bed. Businesses will not rebuild or develop there and taxpaying citizens will leave in droves.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    It has nothing to do with the officers and everything to do with criminals knowing they won't be prosecuted for arson and destruction. The people in these DemocRat cities are sh#&tting in their own bed. Businesses will not rebuild or develop there and taxpaying citizens will leave in droves.
    The sad part is the people leaving there will move to suburbs or smaller towns and being their liberal ideas with them and create more blue districts.

Almost as if this is done by design. Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The use of force continuim is not an equal one. You don't match people's level of resistence. You go a step up because we are not here to fight fair and risk losing. The fight is to win and win fast. He fought getting arrested for drunk driving and would have been in jail for a whopping hour or 2 waiting on a sober ride. Now he is a martyr for being a criminal. Guess its time to abolish prisons since they are full of innocent people and there is no funding for them anyways. Prisoners are taken better care of in prison than people in jail. I pick up guys from prison for court and they can't wait to get back to prison. Our pussy judges and prosecutors also run charges concurrently instead of consecutively so where is the deterrence to not commit multiple crimes. Just going to get 1 prison term for 5 charges of equal years running at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Being in the south Atlanta might turn out different. Parts of downtown might get burned and looted but even the hood rats know if they venture to far out, thats where people have guns.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    The use of force continuim is not an equal one. You don't match people's level of resistence. You go a step up because we are not here to fight fair and risk losing. The fight is to win and win fast. He fought getting arrested for drunk driving and would have been in jail for a whopping hour or 2 waiting on a sober ride.
    Someone needs to stand up and state the obvious and that would be "Don't be a Dummy."
    If you're just a little better at this criminal job, you'll likely never be caught, but just like in any other line of work, you can't let your drugs and alcohol effect production. These guys get caught because they are stupid.
    On top of getting caught, once your under arrest you decide to resist? You're wrestling two guys with guns and decide to grab a taser? You run like my Grandma and she just got a new hip last week, but you're "Running" for your freedom? WTF?
    How about having some professional courtesy here? You're the Dummy that fell asleep in the drive through line. Take your medicine and go sit in the drunk tank tonight. You'll be alive tomorrow.
    If you cannot obey the law, at least behave professionally.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    After the Ferguson riots, cops on the street saw a huge uptick in the resistance and decreased cooperation levels from suspects. It was as if people were being baited into this notion of fighting for your life if contacted by police. There was a feeling that this encouragement to resist was actually putting people of color in much higher risk of getting killed,,. Which is why many were touting the “just comply” mantra.

Why did that dude fight? Don’t know if the shooting was justified, but i don’t know if I would have rushed to my firearm in that circumstance. One on one, if a suspect obtains your taser, and is deploying it at you, it could incapacitate you, thus justifying moving to deadly force.. with two cops, it’s a stretch bro... especially when the guy is IDd already, and just running away. Boy, Paw Patrol is dead for sure now...
    Dude.... just no.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    ...So that's one less place to eat when posted at University and Pryor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    ...So that's one less place to eat when posted at University and Pryor.
    I use to run that area with FedEx and I wouldn't want to be posted anywhere near there.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I'm not a Cop, never been in Law Enforcement except for the Sheriff's Posse involved with back country tracking of fugitives and rescue. I have been in combat, probably more than I would like to relate here. My first instinct in that Atlanta situation would be to not pull my sidearm and shoot the fleeing subject.

It was claimed he was legally intoxicated, but we didn't get a readout on the breathalyzer, at least in the video I saw. The subject seemed to be lucid and able to engage in friendly conversation prior to the scuffle during cuffing. Sometimes I wonder if a little different approach, different words used in conversation could result in a different outcome? I wasn't there nor am I able to get into the minds of the two Cops involved with this.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I'm not a Cop, never been in Law Enforcement except for the Sheriff's Posse involved with back country tracking of fugitives and rescue. I have been in combat, probably more than I would like to relate here. My first instinct in that Atlanta situation would be to not pull my sidearm and shoot the fleeing subject.

It was claimed he was legally intoxicated, but we didn't get a readout on the breathalyzer, at least in the video I saw. The subject seemed to be lucid and able to engage in friendly conversation prior to the scuffle during cuffing. Sometimes I wonder if a little different approach, different words used in conversation could result in a different outcome? I wasn't there nor am I able to get into the minds of the two Cops involved with this.
    In the end all that matters is whether or not the officer who pulled the trigger was reasonable in his actions at the time of doing so given the circumstances. It’s not an issue of being a right or wrong call. It’s wholly individual to the person(s) involved.

That said potentially taking a taser dart to the face would be miserable. Nvm the myriad of other what if outcomes.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast