Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta shooting: another officer fired

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    I use to run that area with FedEx and I wouldn't want to be posted anywhere near there.
    Beats being stuck in Buckhead.

Feedback Score
    I really hope the fired officer makes the City of Atlanta pay out their ass with the wrongful termination suit.

Feedback Score
    I’m guessing he has a very good case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    In the end all that matters is whether or not the officer who pulled the trigger was reasonable in his actions at the time of doing so given the circumstances. It’s not an issue of being a right or wrong call. It’s wholly individual to the person(s) involved.

That said potentially taking a taser dart to the face would be miserable. Nvm the myriad of other what if outcomes.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I looked at the wide shot of the video showing the action moving left to right. I am guessing the deceased person was shot in the back as he was being chased. The video is pretty clear on that. It would have been a different incident if the Black fellow turned and was approaching back towards the officer as a threat. It would have been different if there was a scuffle over the officer's service weapon. So was it reasonable to shoot the Black fellow in the back? Lots of questions in my mind on that.

In combat, things move quickly, and the opposing force gets taken out in any stance they choose to take. This wasn't a combat scenario, but possibly a situation of too much adrenaline in too short a period of time.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    While on SWAT, I did 18 months as part of a drunk driver task force. A lot of people are very cool all the way through the process until it is time to get cuffed up. Then the fight starts.

The suspect fought the police, such is life, charges just got a lot more serious. Then he broke and ran,with the Taser he removed with force from one of the officers, charges just got a lot more serious. The suspect then fired the Taser at the officer, charges just got a lot more serious.

The officer then shot and killed the suspect. The issue will be was he justified in feeling a threat to his life or grievous bodily harm.

I don't know how you can really claim that, when 2 officers were there, and you have the ability to radio in more officers. Let's say the Taser connected with the officer and he took the ride and while down the suspect tried or did take his pistol, the second officer would be fully justified in using deadly force.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I looked at the wide shot of the video showing the action moving left to right. I am guessing the deceased person was shot in the back as he was being chased. The video is pretty clear on that. It would have been a different incident if the Black fellow turned and was approaching back towards the officer as a threat. It would have been different if there was a scuffle over the officer's service weapon. So was it reasonable to shoot the Black fellow in the back? Lots of questions in my mind on that.

In combat, things move quickly, and the opposing force gets taken out in any stance they choose to take. This wasn't a combat scenario, but possibly a situation of too much adrenaline in too short a period of time.
    Insofar as the law and the 4th amendment cares shooting some in the back is irrelevant depending on the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I looks like the closest guy got hit when he turned and shot the taser. He buckles up on a nearby car and quits chasing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    The sad part is the people leaving there will move to suburbs or smaller towns and being their liberal ideas with them and create more blue districts.

Almost as if this is done by design. Hmmmm.

Yep. Sadly this is true.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Have they released the blood alcohol content of the deceased man? He was going to be detained/arrested for public intox or DUI, so it will be interesting to see what could have been the outcome if he hadn't resisted. If the content was high, there is no way he could be allowed to leave and drive.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Have they released the blood alcohol content of the deceased man? He was going to be detained/arrested for public intox or DUI, so it will be interesting to see what could have been the outcome if he hadn't resisted. If the content was high, there is no way he could be allowed to leave and drive.
    Yes, 0.108

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ray...CYK7CIB5D4YZI/

Officer Rolfe administers the breathalyzer test, which registered a blood-alcohol level of .108%, slightly above the legal limit of .08%.

Drunk driving is nothing new. My friends who are police officers and sheriff deputies around a major university said they usually have full jail house after a football game. They all get to go home the next morning, I never asked how much were the bails or how they were released. They never had to seriously fight, tased or shoot those college students, white and black.

I think if the guy didn't put up a fight, he would have been let go the next morning. BTW, all the jibber jabber about his girl friend, etc., this evening his wife was on TV saying how horrible her husband's death was. He was out with his girlfriend, drunk as a skunk and the wife was acting how badly she missed him. He was drunk out of his mind while supposedly celebrating his kid's birthday. Great dad. He will be martyred again. Burn Atlanta burn.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast