Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wolf Brass Case 5.56 M193

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Wolf Brass Case 5.56 M193

I've seen a bit of this lately. Anyone shot any? Nice to have another offering....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven’t seen or heard that much about it but I did watch this video a while back and at least in this video it is quite slow by M193 standards

https://youtu.be/OEfJmQjpXQQ

The velocities for the Wolf Gold .223 he tests it against seem a bit slow too though, as Wolf Gold is typically relatively hot for .223 IIRC, so perhaps his chronograph was acting up?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I haven’t seen or heard that much about it but I did watch this video a while back and at least in this video it is quite slow by M193 standards

https://youtu.be/OEfJmQjpXQQ

The velocities for the Wolf Gold .223 he tests it against seem a bit slow too though, as Wolf Gold is typically relatively hot for .223 IIRC, so perhaps his chronograph was acting up?
    Well, that's not so good. But, again, I'm glad that we have another type of ammo available. We had a guy at a carbine class this weekend blow the shit out of his NEW BCM rifle because he was using reloads. It was pretty epic to see. Fortunately, no one was hurt but the gun is likely completely gone.

Feedback Score
    If you blow your gun up, you shouldn't have been loading your own.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPenguin5145 View Post
    If you blow your gun up, you shouldn't have been loading your own.
    I don't know of too many instructors that recommend reloads in class.....I was in a non shooting relay and was watching when it happened. Loud and un natural noise, huge cloud of smoke, magazine shot out of the gun in pieces (Pmag)......Shooter indicated he had reloaded the ammo, that he had a failure to fire, went to immediate action, fixed it and the next round blew up his rifle.

Possible that with immediate action he stripped the case away from the bullet leaving it lodged in the chamber- the next round attempted to chamber, bullet telescoped back into the round...when the primer was struck, bad things happened....From what I understand- I did not see the rifle, even his Eotech was trashed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I don't know of too many instructors that recommend reloads in class....
    I could understand that view/opinion.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard good things about Wolf Gold. I heard that youtube guy, Garandthumb mention that he shoots a lot of it.

I'm willing to try it out, but not until the prices come down or I can't get Frontier ammo for .34 a round anymore.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    I've heard good things about Wolf Gold. I heard that youtube guy, Garandthumb mention that he shoots a lot of it.

I'm willing to try it out, but not until the prices come down or I can't get Frontier ammo for .34 a round anymore.
    I doubt most guys that post here would use Frontier considering all the bad words about it.

I was running low on my stash of WG, so I bit the bullet on a K of it. About a hundy more than the last time I bought some. Didn't want to get too low on my ammo stash.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post

I like Wolf Gold, I’ve probably gone through at least 4K rounds of it. It’s currently my favorite range ammo I think, or it was back when I could still get it for a reasonable price
    I’ve only shot about 150 rounds of Hornady Frontier M193 but actually found it to be quite accurate by M193 standards. I was happy enough with it that I was going to buy a bunch more but ended up abruptly changing my mind after happening to come across the negative stuff about it blowing guns up and so forth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I like Wolf Gold, I’ve probably gone through at least 4K rounds of it. It’s currently my favorite range ammo I think, or it was back when I could still get it for a reasonable price
    I’ve only shot about 150 rounds of Hornady Frontier M193 but actually found it to be quite accurate by M193 standards. I was happy enough with it that I was going to buy a bunch more but ended up abruptly changing my mind after happening to come across the negative stuff about it blowing guns up and so forth
    I have pretty large stores of Wolf Gold from 2015/2016 and it's good ammo. This new offering is supposed to be M193 spec but the chrono data doesn't seem to indicate that's the case so far- admittedly one test....The Frontier, yea, I had thought about buying some too but was scared off by all the reports of it damaging guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast