Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt 6920 magazine release issue

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Will do - thanks for posting, Sir.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    After having a number of mag catches in the shop, I’ve found that the thread length and shank varies some from brand to brand and batch to batch. I usually just try one of the other ones in the parts bins and find one that will thread in deep enough yet doesn’t protrude through the button. Seems to work good for me. Hope you get it sorted out friend.

Feedback Score
    Did you purchase this from a local gun shop or online and have it transferred to a FFL?
    If the former, the LGS might be able to troubleshoot and fix quicker than going though Colt.

It could be an out of spec mag release, or the lower is out of spec. A mag release is a 5 minute job, if it's an out of spec lower it would/should go back to Colt.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    It really looks like that.

When the lever comes free of the opening it’s really obvious.

It has been suggested that I contact Colt CS, request a RAN, and send it to them for repair or replacement.
    The reason I asked is it may be catching on some rough edges there.
    Definitely contact colt.

Feedback Score
    Edit. Just realized the OP is Scott, haha
    Last edited by Steve-0-; 06-16-20 at 16:17.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    This experience has soured me on Colt, somewhat.

Previously I was what you would consider a devoted fan; I believed they were the standard and the safest choice for those of limited means, out-of-the-box. I own more than a few of them.

I guess I should have listened to their critics, much more seriously.
    Not knocking on you but curious if you did a thorough inspection at the gun store BEFORE you decided to buy it, paid for it and left?

I actually made 3 trips to my local gun store before finally deciding to purchase my 6721. Gave it a quick look over the first trip - came home and thought about it for a few days. Went back and actually opened the action and dry fired it a couple of times the second trip. Pretty much field stripped it the 3rd trip before counting out the money.

Guys at gun store gave me no grief about 'inspecting' everything before I decided to purchase.

As a general rule I refuse to buy guns online and have them shipped to my dealer because I can't inspect them before actually shelling out the money. You got to read the fine print very carefully so you know exactly what the terms of any inspection and return process they have are.

Not saying I have never broke that rule but if I have a choice between local and online purchasing I am willing to pay a little more to be able to see and handle the gun locally before making a purchase decision.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Keep us posted on how long it takes from the time you contact Colt until you receive a good carbine. If Colt CS is exceptional or less than stellar, please share that with us too.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Keep us posted on how long it takes from the time you contact Colt until you receive a good carbine. If Colt CS is exceptional or less than stellar, please share that with us too.
    Yes Sir, will do!
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Not knocking on you but curious if you did a thorough inspection at the gun store BEFORE you decided to buy it, paid for it and left?

I actually made 3 trips to my local gun store before finally deciding to purchase my 6721. Gave it a quick look over the first trip - came home and thought about it for a few days. Went back and actually opened the action and dry fired it a couple of times the second trip. Pretty much field stripped it the 3rd trip before counting out the money.

Guys at gun store gave me no grief about 'inspecting' everything before I decided to purchase.

As a general rule I refuse to buy guns online and have them shipped to my dealer because I can't inspect them before actually shelling out the money. You got to read the fine print very carefully so you know exactly what the terms of any inspection and return process they have are.

Not saying I have never broke that rule but if I have a choice between local and online purchasing I am willing to pay a little more to be able to see and handle the gun locally before making a purchase decision.
    It’s a valid point. And no offense taken.

I bought it from a vendor in Illinois that I’ve bought from before without issue. Gunbroker purchase.

But yeah, “stock photos.” Because of my work/travel schedule I sometimes buy things and salt them away until some comp time or vacation makes a range trip, possible.

Also, though I’ve long known that Colt pistols need to be inspected in-person prior to purchase, I believed Colt carbines were gtg/safe.

Lesson learned, as you pointed out.

~ Yuno

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Because of my work/travel schedule I sometimes buy things and salt them away until some comp time or vacation makes a range trip, possible.
    Same problem here. Working every day currently because there is LOTS of work to do.

Currently have a new rifle, 2 carbines, and 2 pistols that have not been shot yet.

When I do get a break - I plan to have some fun!

Wish you luck with getting this all resolved sir.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast