Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA Question...

Feedback Score
    Something I noticed long ago at the other site - Threads in the PSA industry section that are overly critical (especially if guys post pictures of garbage they have received) tend to go 'poof' and disappear after the issue is resolved.

They DO seem to resolve the issues when they are brought up (have seen them replace stuff that many others would not have) but do not assume that really critical threads stick around forever there. They are free to delete as they wish in THEIR section there. They do in fact pay for that section...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    But, but, but......PSA is just as good as BCM!
    No, PSA is not BCM, DD or Colt quality. I'd put them right around S&W quality, which is a company that puts out some fine firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There is another clown company that doesn't come here anymore after finding out they would be challenged on their BS, and that their paid shills would as well.

IMHO, they know their niche, and do exceedingly well in it.
    I would not call PSA a "clown company". As far as a company they seem to do everything they can to do as well as they can. Good work ethic, at least as far as I can tell. To be honest, I only looked into them recently because I heard their owner speaking on some popcorn granola podcast several months ago and he seemed to have a good business mind.

You are right, they do know their niche. Any time you are building something over time or making a large purchase...boat, house, car, let's throw a new rifle in there as well, it is said that there are three check boxes to make:

Inexpensive
    On time (available)
    High quality

But you can only pick two, you cannot have all three.

Recently for me ,PSA seemed to fill two of the boxes really well, considering the times we are in, and the third one "good enough". I bought two rifle kits and put them away with lowers for future builds with my kids. More of a project and plinker purchase than anything. It's how PSA's niche worked for me. YMMV
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    No, PSA is not BCM, DD or Colt quality. I'd put them right around S&W quality, which is a company that puts out some fine firearms.
    I can see my sarcasm was definitely lost in translation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

But, but, but......PSA is just as good as BCM KAC!

FIFY!

That other hobbyist site is one thing, but go to some of the state boards <cough, cough - calguns - cough-cough>, and your brain will explode at the convoluted logic...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can see my sarcasm was definitely lost in translation.
    I was tracking with you, but that probably means you ache all the time, hate people, refer to most calls as BS calls regardless of the outcome, and find recruits to be worthless and weak.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I would not call PSA a "clown company". As far as a company they seem to do everything they can to do as well as they can. Good work ethic, at least as far as I can tell. To be honest, I only looked into them recently because I heard their owner speaking on some popcorn granola podcast several months ago and he seemed to have a good business mind.

You are right, they do know their niche. Any time you are building something over time or making a large purchase...boat, house, car, let's throw a new rifle in there as well, it is said that there are three check boxes to make:

Inexpensive
    On time (available)
    High quality

But you can only pick two, you cannot have all three.

Recently for me ,PSA seemed to fill two of the boxes really well, considering the times we are in, and the third one "good enough". I bought two rifle kits and put them away with lowers for future builds with my kids. More of a project and plinker purchase than anything. It's how PSA's niche worked for me. YMMV
    I would not call PSA a clown company either, though I might infer that about some of their product line up. If anything, they are a juggernaut putting lots of places out of business, which is certainly not the mark of a clown.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I was tracking with you, but that probably means you ache all the time, hate people, refer to most calls as BS calls regardless of the outcome, and find recruits to be worthless and weak.
    LOL
    Back and knees - check
    People are idiots - check
    Recruits know it all but have no spine - check
    Caller’s neighbor looked at her funny - check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I would not call PSA a clown company either, though I might infer that about some of their product line up. If anything, they are a juggernaut putting lots of places out of business, which is certainly not the mark of a clown.
    I do have to say, that if they made a MP5 clone, of some sort I might be interested in it. It wouldn't be used as a defensive measure, and probably more of a range toy. I do appreciate that they are putting AR's in the hands of the masses, although I wish that those gun owners educated and trained more.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score

I would not call PSA a "clown company". As far as a company they seem to do everything they can to do as well as they can. Good work ethic, at least as far as I can tell...
    I have seen enough pictures of the various garbage parts they sent out the door posted at the other site to know better.

That company either has blind people in their quality control dept or they have blind people in their quality control dept.

Feedback Score
    Wife has a PSA pencil barrel. Trijicon RMR to keep it light and simple and a brake to calm things down. She's on her third case of M193 without a hiccup. Not everyone is a high-speed low-drag operator. Satisfied PSA customer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast