Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Vision Training

Feedback Score

Night Vision Training

I am dipping my toe into the NVG game and would like to find some training to become familiar with the technology. I would like to find somewhere within roughly a 5 hour drive from NC. I have looked online and found a few places but I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Reach out to The Range Complex in Autryville near Bragg.

They will absolutely be able to accommodate you.

ETA: The range is operated by a handful of former CAG guys. Many of their cadre pulled time as OTC Instructors. Give them a call and ask about arranging for private instruction. You'll be hard pressed to find a better resource than a career Unit NCO providing 1-on-1 instruction.
    Last edited by GTF425; 06-17-20 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Look for Green Line Tactical (Don Edwards), One Minute Out (Jamey Caldwell) or Presscheck Consulting (Chuck Pressburg) for NVG training. Pretty much the best in the business.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Dont forget TNVC as well. Most of their current class offerings are currently in Alliance Ohio. Might be a bit further than you might want to travel however worth the journey and the range facility makes it worth the effort especially for the TNVC Armed Professional Class.

As mentioned Don is great and is frequently in Georgia and Florida. Jamey is fantastic and adds that awesome been there done that and helped designed that shit info and I just haven't been able to connect with Chuck for a NV class but would be highly recommended.

More and more options popping up all the time as well as more organized NV groups forming and trying to continue/further their training.

STAY DARK and OWN THE NIGHT

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I hope that this will get stickied in the night vision and thermal forum that I hope to see.

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

ETA: The range is operated by a handful of former CAG guys. Many of their cadre pulled time as OTC Instructors. Giver them a call and ask about arranging for private instruction. You'll be hard pressed to find a better resource than a career Unit NCO providing 1-on-1 instruction.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-17-20 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post

ETA: The range is operated by a handful of former CAG guys. Many of their cadre pulled time as OTC Instructors. Give them a call and ask about arranging for private instruction. You'll be hard pressed to find a better resource than a career Unit NCO providing 1-on-1 instruction.
    Good info!
    I just ordered my first set of NODs and will be looking for training as well. I'm only about an hour away from Fayetteville. Thanks!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Old thread. But I’m enrolled in the TNVC night fighter class I. Lauren’s, SC. Might be room left. It’s about 1.5 hr from Charlotte.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Dont forget TNVC as well. Most of their current class offerings are currently in Alliance Ohio. Might be a bit further than you might want to travel however worth the journey and the range facility makes it worth the effort especially for the TNVC Armed Professional Class.

As mentioned Don is great and is frequently in Georgia and Florida. Jamey is fantastic and adds that awesome been there done that and helped designed that shit info and I just haven't been able to connect with Chuck for a NV class but would be highly recommended.

More and more options popping up all the time as well as more organized NV groups forming and trying to continue/further their training.

STAY DARK and OWN THE NIGHT
    Agree, Alliance has become one of the hubs of the training community. I have taken several classes there, one was a low light no light taught by Chappy when he was with LMS Defense and EAG during the Pat Rogers days.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would check out some of the Trex videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZOqApoIyrI

Main takeaways shooting is easy with IR laser or high mounted red dots, Harder is picking the right equipment and learning to use it effectively.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Check out classes at the Sawmill in Laurens, SC. They host many different types of classes, including NV. Mark Smith with JBS Training Group and Nick Young with Velox Training Group are both in NC and just did their first collaborative NV class a couple weekends ago up at MDFI in Michigan. It seemed to be a great success from the feedback I've seen. Keep an eye on both of them. They're about to blow up. I'm sure they'll be up for a local one soonish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast