Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simulating recoil?

Feedback Score

Simulating recoil?

If you wanted to simulate recoil, how would you do it? I’m picturing some thing like a weight either swinging or falling into the end of barrel or stock to simulate how a shot would push and using that to evaluate stocks and dampening.

Have something on the end of the barrel to protect the crown and compensator. But is their a way to convert/simulate a shot by its bullet weight and speed, and converting that to a weight and speed of a mass impacting the barrel?

I’ve got some time, a 3d printer, and some new materials and I was thinking of working up some furniture. Wanted to be able to test them.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pneumatics to cycle the action
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BFA and blanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    To many variables to be addressed by simulating recoil impulses starting with the shooter's anatomy. If you make a rifle heavy enough you can tame push. I good tuned muzzle device can tame jump. Most of us don't want a loud heavy rifle and live happily with the modest recoil impulse of the 556 AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like this:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...or-bygone-era/

Got to shoot one at an Army Reserve display once and they are very neat even while using a (IIRC) Commodore 64 for the target screen. Recoil can be adjusted for 0-130% of a live M16.

The 1989 copy of FM 24-9 (maybe newer revisions too) has more details on what they are and how to use them.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We had a weaponeer inside our fenced area on Ft Hood in the late 90s that we were vaguely responsible for and a much newer and modernized version set up in a building in 2005-2008-ish on a MOS producing post.

The military had good TADS stuff for BRM, but it seemed the units I was in didn't really know how to utilize it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    True recoil cant be simulated because of the different pressures of ammo and buffer systems. Youre better off hitting the range and dialing the weapon in to achieve what you want.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    True recoil cant be simulated because of the different pressures of ammo and buffer systems. Youre better off hitting the range and dialing the weapon in to achieve what you want.
    This and positional training and a consistent and repeatable base/position/hold

moving to training
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted.

Not applicable.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-17-20 at 17:35.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    guys, OP desires to test a part. Not train.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast