Thread: Noveske switchblock gas tube swap

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Noveske switchblock gas tube swap

So, I found some great info on here about the noveske SB and how to get it apart and whatnot... What i cannot find however is if it uses STANDARD straight gas tubes? I wanna swap my carbine tube for a middy tube and during this whole kung-flu scam-demic noveske isn't returning emails and they disabled the ability to call... Anyway, can someone lend a hand? Maybe point me in the right direction?? I found straight tubes at WOA and other places but dont wanna put one on back order or spend a bunch on a POF tube if i dont have to... Anyway, i was also gonna add my own microtune inserts to change the port sizes since it was made for a carbine length and I'm putting it on a middy 12.5... Its gonna be fun! Will be used mainly with a gemtech gmt halo and old ass gemtech HVT QM

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Switch Block tube uses a vertical retaining pin, so it's not compatible with regular straight tubes.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Clint thank you for that bit of important to some, like me that has a few SB's. Noveske is very reluctant in my experience to offer help regarding this product. They do or did not offer replacement gas tube even of the original length. They in past conversations implied the tube were specific the gas system length. First I was told never to lube it... huge mistake, to keep it functional lube and rotate frequently.

Sure wish I could find a pistol length tube to change a carbine length for my 300 BlackOut...
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The problem with that idea is that the Switchblock is not an adjustable gas block. It has a secondary gas port that is sized for the specific caliber, gas system length, and barrel length.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    We are aware but it would be nice to be able to get the damn gas tube swapped out so we could use them as we please. Or swap out the entire block for another unit? Something other than just being ledt to twist in the wind... O guess I will see if i can.just mod another straight gas tube to fit... Unless Clint can help?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk