Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasmussen Poll- 34% of Americans feel Civil War likely within 5 years

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    It's "Medium". What did you expect?
    I'll just go talk to a wall and listen to my own opinion; it's at LEAST as valid (and probably better too).

In fact, here you go; my totally brilliant unscientific prediction for the Final Woes Of 2020 and into the new year;
    1>Someone is going to do something stupid; most likely shoot up or bomb a protest. Think Boston or Vegas level of mass-cas. My money's on shooting since it kills 2 birds and is way easier to pull off.

2>Whether or not it was intentional or a false flag, it won't matter to EITHER side.
    The right won't believe anything other than a false flag given the current climate unless/until absolutely incontrovertible evidence can be provided (which it wont; see point 3), and most of us have zero intention of giving up our guns anyway (or so they say...) At this point any advance against the 2A is A) going to fall on deaf ears (and rightly so), and B) just going to lend more credence to ever more realistic predictions of the La Grande Igloo. Instead of demoralizing the right, this will turn into a galvanizing moment.
    The left won't believe anything other than a deranged WS/NS/gun nut/lunatic/etc could possibly be at fault (and as this will be the default media narrative, it will stick). This will also be a galvanizing moment for them, as the worst fears they've been told to expect will now have come true. Half of them will scream for the gov to "do something" legislative as usual, the other half are going to triple down on grabbing every weapon they can find because the 'fascist regime' is real now.

3>As always, crucial evidence will either be withheld, or simply not found, until the MSM/ Social media firestorm has done its work. At that point, regardless of what "new light" is revealed, it will be wayyyyy to little to late. Media posts from the right memeing and applauding the demise of the victims will damn sure make the evening news to stir up more "outrage" among the public (whether those posts are legit or not). Media posts from the usual leftist suspects calling for more "kill whitey" and "smash fash/capitalism/imperialism/etc and so forth will not make the news, but will make the rounds online to equal outrage (whether they are true or not).

4> The left is going to go absolutely apeshit over this. They can't handle mild disagreement as it is, and they are used to having the top-dog run of "the streets" when 'protesting'. They are NOT going to take the crown jewel demonstrating the power of their movement being wasted in "their" streets well. At all. The violence is going to explode so fast, and into so many yet-untouched areas, people's heads are going to spin. And this time they won't be out to torch your business and kick you in the head, they're going to be straight up unapologetic out for blood. There are going to be a LOT of randoms getting "reparation-killed" for no reason other than payback. I also predict that at this point, you will see a new "revolutionary vanguard" revealed to "counter right wind deathsquad terrorism, blah blah blah", the usual communist manifesto. These will NOT be the usual street-thugs and Antifa types...
    The right, in turn, will go a lot less apeshit, mainly because there will be so much happening so fast everywhere that with their amazing level of planning and organization they'll mostly have no idea what to do other than hold the ground they're standing on, but this will be "THE DAY" come at last, and it's on now...
    I don't think there will be much attempt from the right to actually go direct-action on any persons or groups (at best, maybe a few halfassed abortive attempts that will suck at everything except getting a LOT of media attention), at least not at first, but I think you will see a LOT of attempts to harden up their local neighborhoods real quick. There really won't be a choice with the utter havoc the burn/loot/rape/murder crowd will be about, but will likely result in sticking out enough to attract said angry leftists attention. This will result in a LOT of firepower being tossed around as the leftists target the "white supremacist strongholds" and the rightists get a first-hand lesson in all the 4GW/'urban guerrilla' warfare they've been circle-jerking over for the last several years. "The Purge" won't have shit on the body or bullet counts from this...

5> The police are going to get shot at by literally EVERYBODY. For the lefties it will be open season. For the right, if they try to enforce any gun laws, lockdowns, etc, nobody is going to give 2 shits about complying in the face of utter chaos breaking loose, and if they try to go all jackboot it's not going to end well for them. You'll probably see some early attempts by the right to bolster them, with mixed results.
    My guess is they'll be off the streets and bunkered down either at their homes/precinct/capitol within the week, maybe a month, and that will be the last most common folk see of them for a LONG time.

6> The national guard will get called out, too late, to few, and with far to ineffective ROEs to do much except provide targets for leftist outrage, and total suspicion to the right. At some point they will get tired of being shot at fire-bombed and will BTFO a large number of combatants in grand style. It really won't matter which side they are on (though I predict left, as again, it kills two birds for political sake, and they're the most likely to go full-retard anyway), the damage will have been done, and they'll quickly end up like the police; everyone's new favorite target, and bunkered down ineffectively somewhere.

After all that... well, I don't really want to think that far. But I'm guessing....
    A) We go full-faction CW 2.0 and proceed to curb-stomp the shit out of each other once and for all. This rematch has been coming since 1865 after all... I don't think either side will be able to claim victory, it will probably stalemate into some sort of country-wide land grab and continue at low regional-border levels for a LONG time. IE, the bad version of balkanization.
    B) The government panics and deploys NATO to curb stomp the warring factions. They'll probably at least try to deploy active US military as well, which might work to a point, but there's no way they can control a whole continent, and once either faction realizes that it will be game on again. Especially since, in typical "current year" political mindset, they'll probably be mostly deployed to "right wing" areas, AKA the country, AKA "Welcome to the Rice Fields; Merica DLC", instead of trying to control the hubs which might actually be effective. We all know the politicians will never listen to military opinion, and when jackbooting the countryside results in the hubs and urban areas STILL in chaos, they'll blame the military for being to "partisan" and "sympathetic" and "white", then panic 2.0 and scream for NATO. At which point things will probably get REALLY retarded again.
    C) As the government flails around like morons, and the entirety of society, local gov. and military factionalizes, someone like China decides to annex oh, say, California to "protect their investments" or some such excuse, and sends a bunch of PLA over here to curb stomp us.
    Half of Canada will be like "Senpai! UWU!" the other half will be all "hide the maple syrup and hockey sticks boys, it's the big one!"
    Of course MayHeeKo will be all like "Dear Dear Leader, we can haz Aztlan?" And China will be all like "Bless you my children, go forth and prosper, but only do business with us forever, or else we'll steal your livers, you got it? Alright now have fun!"
    And Russia will be like *swigs vodka* "What say you, comrades, Alaska is beautiful this time of year, no? We can't let the Chinese get Vladivostok AND California..."
    The left: "Dear Dear Leader[s], give us free shit to fight the wicked capitalists?"
    The US gov.: "You traitorous minions! I specifically requested the opposite of this! Oh alright FINE, we'll help. I get to keep my seat though right?"
    The right: "Say, is that a train whistle?"
    The US military:

There, see? I can do it too. Someone pay me to write shit for them.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I'll just go talk to a wall and listen to my own opinion; it's at LEAST as valid (and probably better too).
    Brother, I never even heard of medium & saw it in another forum...that was a fun write up albeit quite creepy & seemingly possible, keep at it.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Stay with & indulge me here as I've avoided the conversation...I have strong suspicion with all the idiocy going on that the 'worst case scenario' here may very be a talking point to how a trump win will be blamed on the Nov 4 riots. Sad to fathom I now think the media will easily embrace.

A wargame designer defines our four possible civil wars.

Apologies for the drivel, it just set off a ping.

https://medium.com/@mikeselinker/a-w...s-cf5b2e980099
    I could get through 3/4 but had to stop. It is so flawed and one sided it's one worth is as a window into the left's "thinking" if one can call what they do thinking.. Because right now all their "thinking" is done with skateboard and molotov cocktail.

Feedback Score
    The left is doing all the rioting and threatening of civil war, and yet the main violent threat is from the right; typical leftist drivel from Medium. Talk about projection. The left acts a certain way, gets called out, and all they say is "No, YOU are!" It seems like these scenarios were just trying to justify the left carrying out a preemptive extermination of the right. Of course, that's been the justification for every genocide: They're secretly plotting against us, so we have to take them out first.

At any rate, this guy is a video game designer, not a general, not political strategist, and not a historian. He's no more than the guy who's not a doctor but plays one on TV. Also, it scares that he, along with other leftists (*ahem* Swalwell) think that using nuclear weapons against conservatives on American soil is an option.

The fact of the matter is this: Trump has given no indication that he will refuse to leave the White House if he loses. Also, if he loses fair and square, the right will mostly accept it; that's just part of democracy. If in the almost non-existent scenario where Trump refuses to leave, most of the right will turn their backs on him and tell him that he's on his own; he was elected to preserve democracy, not defy it.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 09-23-20 at 08:15.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The left is doing all the rioting and threatening of civil war, and yet the main violent threat is from the right; typical leftist drivel from Medium. Talk about projection. The left acts a certain way, gets called out, and all they say is "No, YOU are!" It seems like these scenarios were just trying to justify the left carrying out a preemptive extermination of the right. Of course, that's been the justification for every genocide: They're secretly plotting against us, so we have to take them out first.

At any rate, this guy is a video game designer, not a general, not political strategist, and not a historian. He's no more than the guy who's not a doctor but plays one on TV. Also, it scares that he, along with other leftists (*ahem* Swalwell) think that using nuclear weapons against conservatives on American soil is an option.

The fact of the matter is this: Trump has given no indication that he will refuse to leave the White House if he loses. Also, if he loses fair and square, the right will mostly accept it; that's just part of democracy. If in the almost non-existent scenario where Trump refuses to leave, most of the right will turn their backs on him and tell him that he's on his own; he was elected to preserve democracy, not defy it.
    I expect Trump to exercise every legal option and that's it. That is assuming he "loses" . But I'm not sure what that looks like with several states saying that ballots will be accepted after the deadline. Clear rules for clear water but the left is deliberately trying to muddy that water.

Feedback Score
    That author is a POS, fart-sniffing libtard scumbag. Fvck his article.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Brother, I never even heard of medium & saw it in another forum...that was a fun write up albeit quite creepy & seemingly possible, keep at it.
    Nah, we're good. If any blame/condescension came across, it wasn't intended.
    Kinda figured everyone here already knows about Medium/Slate/Salon/etc.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

In fact, here you go; my totally brilliant unscientific prediction for the Final Woes Of 2020 and into the new year;
    1>Someone is going to do something stupid; most likely shoot up or bomb a protest. Think Boston or Vegas level of mass-cas. My money's on shooting since it kills 2 birds and is way easier to pull off.

2>Whether or not it was intentional or a false flag, it won't matter to EITHER side.
    The right won't believe anything other than a false flag given the current climate unless/until absolutely incontrovertible evidence can be provided (which it wont; see point 3), and most of us have zero intention of giving up our guns anyway (or so they say...) At this point any advance against the 2A is A) going to fall on deaf ears (and rightly so), and B) just going to lend more credence to ever more realistic predictions of the La Grande Igloo. Instead of demoralizing the right, this will turn into a galvanizing moment.
    The left won't believe anything other than a deranged WS/NS/gun nut/lunatic/etc could possibly be at fault (and as this will be the default media narrative, it will stick). This will also be a galvanizing moment for them, as the worst fears they've been told to expect will now have come true. Half of them will scream for the gov to "do something" legislative as usual, the other half are going to triple down on grabbing every weapon they can find because the 'fascist regime' is real now.

3>As always, crucial evidence will either be withheld, or simply not found, until the MSM/ Social media firestorm has done its work. At that point, regardless of what "new light" is revealed, it will be wayyyyy to little to late. Media posts from the right memeing and applauding the demise of the victims will damn sure make the evening news to stir up more "outrage" among the public (whether those posts are legit or not). Media posts from the usual leftist suspects calling for more "kill whitey" and "smash fash/capitalism/imperialism/etc and so forth will not make the news, but will make the rounds online to equal outrage (whether they are true or not).

4> The left is going to go absolutely apeshit over this. They can't handle mild disagreement as it is, and they are used to having the top-dog run of "the streets" when 'protesting'. They are NOT going to take the crown jewel demonstrating the power of their movement being wasted in "their" streets well. At all. The violence is going to explode so fast, and into so many yet-untouched areas, people's heads are going to spin. And this time they won't be out to torch your business and kick you in the head, they're going to be straight up unapologetic out for blood. There are going to be a LOT of randoms getting "reparation-killed" for no reason other than payback. I also predict that at this point, you will see a new "revolutionary vanguard" revealed to "counter right wind deathsquad terrorism, blah blah blah", the usual communist manifesto. These will NOT be the usual street-thugs and Antifa types...
    The right, in turn, will go a lot less apeshit, mainly because there will be so much happening so fast everywhere that with their amazing level of planning and organization they'll mostly have no idea what to do other than hold the ground they're standing on, but this will be "THE DAY" come at last, and it's on now...
    I don't think there will be much attempt from the right to actually go direct-action on any persons or groups (at best, maybe a few halfassed abortive attempts that will suck at everything except getting a LOT of media attention), at least not at first, but I think you will see a LOT of attempts to harden up their local neighborhoods real quick. There really won't be a choice with the utter havoc the burn/loot/rape/murder crowd will be about, but will likely result in sticking out enough to attract said angry leftists attention. This will result in a LOT of firepower being tossed around as the leftists target the "white supremacist strongholds" and the rightists get a first-hand lesson in all the 4GW/'urban guerrilla' warfare they've been circle-jerking over for the last several years. "The Purge" won't have shit on the body or bullet counts from this...

5> The police are going to get shot at by literally EVERYBODY. For the lefties it will be open season. For the right, if they try to enforce any gun laws, lockdowns, etc, nobody is going to give 2 shits about complying in the face of utter chaos breaking loose, and if they try to go all jackboot it's not going to end well for them. You'll probably see some early attempts by the right to bolster them, with mixed results.
    My guess is they'll be off the streets and bunkered down either at their homes/precinct/capitol within the week, maybe a month, and that will be the last most common folk see of them for a LONG time.

6> The national guard will get called out, too late, to few, and with far to ineffective ROEs to do much except provide targets for leftist outrage, and total suspicion to the right. At some point they will get tired of being shot at fire-bombed and will BTFO a large number of combatants in grand style. It really won't matter which side they are on (though I predict left, as again, it kills two birds for political sake, and they're the most likely to go full-retard anyway), the damage will have been done, and they'll quickly end up like the police; everyone's new favorite target, and bunkered down ineffectively somewhere.

After all that... well, I don't really want to think that far. But I'm guessing....
    A) We go full-faction CW 2.0 and proceed to curb-stomp the shit out of each other once and for all. This rematch has been coming since 1865 after all... I don't think either side will be able to claim victory, it will probably stalemate into some sort of country-wide land grab and continue at low regional-border levels for a LONG time. IE, the bad version of balkanization.
    B) The government panics and deploys NATO to curb stomp the warring factions. They'll probably at least try to deploy active US military as well, which might work to a point, but there's no way they can control a whole continent, and once either faction realizes that it will be game on again. Especially since, in typical "current year" political mindset, they'll probably be mostly deployed to "right wing" areas, AKA the country, AKA "Welcome to the Rice Fields; Merica DLC", instead of trying to control the hubs which might actually be effective. We all know the politicians will never listen to military opinion, and when jackbooting the countryside results in the hubs and urban areas STILL in chaos, they'll blame the military for being to "partisan" and "sympathetic" and "white", then panic 2.0 and scream for NATO. At which point things will probably get REALLY retarded again.
    C) As the government flails around like morons, and the entirety of society, local gov. and military factionalizes, someone like China decides to annex oh, say, California to "protect their investments" or some such excuse, and sends a bunch of PLA over here to curb stomp us.
    Half of Canada will be like "Senpai! UWU!" the other half will be all "hide the maple syrup and hockey sticks boys, it's the big one!"
    Of course MayHeeKo will be all like "Dear Dear Leader, we can haz Aztlan?" And China will be all like "Bless you my children, go forth and prosper, but only do business with us forever, or else we'll steal your livers, you got it? Alright now have fun!"
    And Russia will be like *swigs vodka* "What say you, comrades, Alaska is beautiful this time of year, no? We can't let the Chinese get Vladivostok AND California..."
    The left: "Dear Dear Leader[s], give us free shit to fight the wicked capitalists?"
    The US gov.: "You traitorous minions! I specifically requested the opposite of this! Oh alright FINE, we'll help. I get to keep my seat though right?"
    The US military:

Nice story--maybe you have a future in apocalyptic fiction writing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The US military:

You left out:

-The (long overdue) DAY OF THE RAKE
    -Crucifixions on a level unseen since Bible Days
    -Multicam Black and them Skull gaiters
    -A resurgence in FN FAL use
    -Pyres of the dead illuminating the night sky
    -MAUD’IB!!
    -The guys guarding the borders and airports saying ominously “Now, you’s can’t leave”
    -Alizee Jacotey takes it off.

But otherwise yeah you sorta, kinda are touching on it surface wise at least

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nah, we're good. If any blame/condescension came across, it wasn't intended.
    Kinda figured everyone here already knows about Medium/Slate/Salon/etc.
    Negative amigo & felt nothing of the sort...I just don't get out much & not familiar with the others mentioned either. May have mostly been blindsided by the idiocy more than anything & scary how many are so delusional of what is actually happening to our country. It's honestly hard for me to grasp how we have gone from the greatest generation to here & now in only 75 years.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast