Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Work from home tax

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Work from home tax

They are really swinging for fences now.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6262411002

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Fake news. Who gives AF what a German bank has to say about...well...anything?

Feedback Score
    Not fake news. Trial ballon for the new administration. Looking for new ways to squeeze us.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "What!? What do you mean there are still some people left with more than 1.39% of their income available to 'do what they want' with it! Find me a way to get that money!!"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Fake news. Who gives AF what a German bank has to say about...well...anything?
    because

Quote Originally Posted by PrarieDog View Post
    Not fake news. Trial ballon for the new administration. Looking for new ways to squeeze us.
    Because this, and because banks set TONS of government policy around the world. Oh, not officially, but they do.

You read stories like this and realize that we're all just serfs to them, and they're not shy about saying so, in their coded way.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They are all (banks and politicos) heavily invested in urban, commercial real estate. A lot of that revenue is gone forever now that remote work has become the "new normal" (hate that phrase too, don't throw things). They are going to have to find new streams of income now that they don't have a captive market in the big cities. They certainly won't take the hit themselves.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Punish people who aren't burning fossil fuel commuting to work every day? My my... the lefties will soon be drowning in crosscurrents.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    "A big chunk of people have disconnected themselves from the face-to-face world yet are still leading a full economic life. That means remote workers are contributing less to the infrastructure of the economy whilst still receiving its benefits."

Where do people come up with these fantasies? The only thing people are not paying are gas taxes, road tolls, public transportation, and parking fees. But the requirements to maintain the same are reduced as well.

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Taxation is extortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Taxation is extortion.

I beg to differ.

Income tax is modern day slavery.

Think about it back in the day if a slave ran away, armed men with guns would track them down cuff them up and take away their freedom.

Today if you run away from income tax, armed men and women because we have progressed as a society will track you down and take away your freedom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast