Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasmussen Poll- 34% of Americans feel Civil War likely within 5 years

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If that is all you see happening in a civil war, you are in fantasy land. The food and delivery chain will be broken. Millions of innocent people and families will die and/or be victimized. Starvation will be rampant and starvation will make people do anything....think about that for a second.....anything. Will it fix things in the end....maybe...maybe not...it all depends who comes out in control... but realize if it happens, you, I and our kids are definitely not going to be living to see that result.
    Ever read Cormac McCarthy's novel The Road?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Complete nonsense. The complete horse shit put out by the media in NO WAY reconciles with real world life for the majority of the poplulation.

No one I know has Rona... No one I know has been killed by the cops just for being a wonderful citizen.

The whole thing is power of suggestion brainwashing to stir up imbeciles incapable of thinking for themselves.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I remember when it was GONNA HAPPEN after:

Ruby Ridge
    Waco
    OK City Bombing
    Bush / Gore stolen election
    9-11

Seriously, if an actual factual shooting war between two large groups got even close to the level of the Rodney King riots it would get shut down so fast we'd finally break the speed of light.

I don't care who is doing what for what reason, when the actual army shows up all the LARPers are going home.
    Nothing ever happens.....until it does. Rome wasn't built in a day- nor did it FALL in a day.

Arguably, it took over 100 years for Rome to fall. For the Britons, Rome fell in 400- when the last Roman Legions left, pulling back to "defend the homeland" essentially. Rome proper would not fall for another 75 years- literally a LIFETIME. If you were a part of the Africa Proconsularis, The Empire fell about 40 years before Rome itself was sacked when the Vandals took over..... So, I think it matters where you are etc....

Who exactly is "the army" going to fight? Because this isn't going to be a repeat of the Blue and the Gray. It's going to be Northern Ireland on steroids. Even if the military did show up, what are they going to do? We spent more than a decade in Afghanistan- a nation smaller than TEXAS, fighting a few thousand goat herders- Guess what? They are still there and we are barely holding on with nothing to show for it. The military couldn't hold a lid on this if they wanted to.
    Last edited by Esq.; 06-17-20 at 09:15.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Complete nonsense. The complete horse shit put out by the media in NO WAY reconciles with real world life for the majority of the poplulation.

No one I know has Rona... No one I know has been killed by the cops just for being a wonderful citizen.

The whole thing is power of suggestion brainwashing to stir up imbeciles incapable of thinking for themselves.

Are you saying Corona isn't real and has just been fashioned out of whole cloth to dupe people somehow?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If that is all you see happening in a civil war, you are in fantasy land. The food and delivery chain will be broken. Millions of innocent people and families will die and/or be victimized. Starvation will be rampant and starvation will make people do anything....think about that for a second.....anything. Will it fix things in the end....maybe...maybe not...it all depends who comes out in control... but realize if it happens, you, I and our kids are definitely not going to be living to see that result.
    ^^^^ Yeap, this. Most people aren't organized to survive off the grid. I read and article that if food and water stopped being delivered to the grocery stores, etc that it would only be a matter of a couple of weeks before mass casualties, especially in the larger urban areas. That is jut that little aspect of an all out civil war. I have a friend that is one of those private security firm people. We were talking about this kind of thing and what you would need to do to prepare. He talked about there being organized groups of people where their plan is that all they would do is move around taking advantage of other people who prepped for this kind of situation. It was like this somewhat during the Civil War back in the 1860's in Appalachia. I think today would be a lot worse.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Not living in fantasy land I get that will be horrible. But I'd rather die that way than have the government wake me up and drag me from my house at 2am kick me out of my home be forced to live in some 3rd world ghetto, or some death camp or worse shoot me in front of a mass grave
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 06-17-20 at 09:28.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Right now, the entire world is in turmoil. We're not hearing much about it because we've got our own problems at home. Black Lives Matter protests and riots are taking place throughout most of Europe, even where the cause is not, and has never been, relevant to those countries. There are riots in Russia, China, and Mexico over either police brutality or COVID quarantines or both. Forget civil war, this could be a world war, but fought between factions rather than countries.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Not living in fantasy land I get that will be horrible. But I'd rather die that way than have the government wake me up and drag me from my house at 2am kick me out of my home be forced to live in some 3rd world ghetto, or some death camp or worse shoot me in front of a mass grave
    I don't think one is better than the other.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I don't think one is better than the other.
    Maybe not , but I'd rather die on my feet than on my knees
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I remember when it was GONNA HAPPEN after:

Ruby Ridge
    Waco
    OK City Bombing
    Bush / Gore stolen election
    9-11

Seriously, if an actual factual shooting war between two large groups got even close to the level of the Rodney King riots it would get shut down so fast we'd finally break the speed of light.

I don't care who is doing what for what reason, when the actual army shows up all the LARPers are going home.
    I witnessed all those events while working for a number of government agencies. What happened then has no resemblance to what is going on now.
    Last edited by Nightvisionary; 06-17-20 at 09:53.

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast