274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I remember when it was GONNA HAPPEN after:

Ruby Ridge
    Waco
    OK City Bombing
    Bush / Gore stolen election
    9-11

Seriously, if an actual factual shooting war between two large groups got even close to the level of the Rodney King riots it would get shut down so fast we'd finally break the speed of light.

I don't care who is doing what for what reason, when the actual army shows up all the LARPers are going home.
    Do you actually think it will be two groups forming Picket lines and shooting at each other?

When there is an event, it will be nothing like what people think. It WILL multiple factions going at it. They will cause chaos and destroy infrastructure. The government will be 100% busy protecting vital infrastructure and not have the time to chance down those doing it.

It will impact the nation in a way that most will not understand. You do not have to kill off the enemy. Just significantly eliminate the voting populous that supports the other side then stop. As an example, if the LA area and San Francisco area are burned down the entire state will go RED. That is the only scenario that would work for those that actually do analysis on these type of events.

The LARPers will not be there, they will stay at home and continue to post on internet forums until the power goes off.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Do you actually think it will be two groups forming Picket lines and shooting at each other?

When there is an event, it will be nothing like what people think. It WILL multiple factions going at it. They will cause chaos and destroy infrastructure. The government will be 100% busy protecting vital infrastructure and not have the time to chance down those doing it.

It will impact the nation in a way that most will not understand. You do not have to kill off the enemy. Just significantly eliminate the voting populous that supports the other side then stop. As an example, if the LA area and San Francisco area are burned down the entire state will go RED. That is the only scenario that would work for those that actually do analysis on these type of events.

The LARPers will not be there, they will stay at home and continue to post on internet forums until the power goes off.
    Any prior service with experience in COIN probably already has a good idea of how this will play out.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    Any prior service with experience in COIN probably already has a good idea of how this will play out.
    And understand that posting on social media (including sites like this) is a good way to become a target....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If Trump loses the United States as we know it is over. If he wins it only delays the inevitable another 4 years.

Either way, something will happen. We wither become a communist shithole or it gets bloody. I don't have the expertise to say how it will play out should a fight happen, all I know is having lived it before, personally, I'd rather be dead than red. So my mind has been long made and I am at peace with it.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    If Trump loses the United States as we know it is over. If he wins it only delays the inevitable another 4 years.

Either way, something will happen. We wither become a communist shithole or it gets bloody. I don't have the expertise to say how it will play out should a fight happen, all I know is having lived it before, personally, I'd rather be dead than red. So my mind has been long made and I am at peace with it.
    At this point I think Trump winning another term might kick it off, looking at whats happening around the country you could argue we are already in a counter insurgency

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stahljaeger View Post
    At this point I think Trump winning another term might kick it off, looking at whats happening around the country you could argue we are already in a counter insurgency

That's certainly my position though I know it's not a popular one in some circles......
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stahljaeger View Post
    You may be right. On second thought even if he loses I don't think anything will happen. Remember the other thread about what would kick of the big igloo? I don't think there is a line in the sand. Just a lot of chest thumping on social media.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Uncivil Cold War anyone?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score

Rasmussen Poll- 34% of Americans feel Civil War likely within 5 years

Delete
    Last edited by Mozart; 01-26-21 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Rasmussen Poll- 34% of Americans feel Civil War likely within 5 years

I’ve noticed the “google hole” twice in the last week, too. Once with an article about corona virus and a couple days later an article about George Floyd’s criminal history.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 06-17-20 at 19:00.

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast