Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasmussen Poll- 34% of Americans feel Civil War likely within 5 years

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Again, why hasn’t anybody done anything about it? You seemed to have missed it. Why hasn’t anybody done something rather than let these people accumulate power and influence? Why haven’t the 3%ers, the oath keepers, and all the other chest thumpers put wheels in motion? Why are you still on your couch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got off my couch and ventured into some gray zones. The powers that be made their presence known. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I got off my couch and ventured into some gray zones. The powers that be made their presence known. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.
    So now what? Bend over?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So now what? Bend over?

Wait for more nails to stick up?

Just a tip for those thinking of organizing locally etc....You know how to spot The Fed? He's the guy who's always telling everyone else to DO SOMETHING!!!!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    So, your plan is to what? Surrender and go quietly when they come for you?
    Well even Hiroo Onoda eventually saw the futility of continuing his one man resistance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So now what? Bend over?

I honestly don't know.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    noun
    noun: empire; plural noun: empires
    an extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority, formerly especially an emperor or empress.

Are you really going to Webster your way out of an argument as to why we aren't an empire? I mean, if you are going by the "classical" definitions, we aren't an empire just like modern day liberals aren't really "liberals" per the official definition of liberalism.

Yes, we are an empire. We have fought, meddled and gained our way into it. We may not have a "supreme leader" per the definition, but neither did the British when they were referred to as an empire even though the King/Queen wasn't technically the head of the government since the early 19th century. Or the Soviet empire during their brief period in history. So on and so forth.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Are you really going to Webster your way out of an argument as to why we aren't an empire? I mean, if you are going by the "classical" definitions, we aren't an empire just like modern day liberals aren't really "liberals" per the official definition of liberalism.

Yes, we are an empire. We have fought, meddled and gained our way into it. We may not have a "supreme leader" per the definition, but neither did the British when they were referred to as an empire even though the King/Queen wasn't technically the head of the government since the early 19th century. Or the Soviet empire during their brief period in history. So on and so forth.
    You do realize “liberal” in other countries has a completely different definition.

Words mean things. I’m sorry you don’t like it. “Meddling in affairs for a beneficial outcome” isn’t the same as ruling a nation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I honestly don't know.
    Me either. I hear everything from “head to the hills” to “blaze of glory” from colleagues.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You do realize “liberal” in other countries has a completely different definition.

Words mean things. I’m sorry you don’t like it. “Meddling in affairs for a beneficial outcome” isn’t the same as ruling a nation.

You do realize one can have an empire without having a sovereign leader as well?

Just like words, the definitions can change over time.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    You do realize one can have an empire without having a sovereign leader as well?

Just like words, the definitions can change over time.
    Write your opinion in to Webster then.

Page 37 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast