Thread: Next can after Griffin Optimus

Feedback Score

Next can after Griffin Optimus

Hi,

I purchased my first suppressor right before Obama changed the rules and I was in a hurry. My dealer had a Griffin Optimus, a 9mm sized can that can be used on anything from 22lr to 300 win mag, so I bought it.

It's a good can, its just too long. The full size is 9.4" and the mid size (what I would use on an AR) is 7.9". I'm looking for a shorter option with good suppression. I have mostly 556/223 rifles.

I already have a few Griffin taper mount muzzle devices, so buying a Giffin Recce 5/7 would be the obvious solution. Are these good cans? Any other solutions? Do the Griffin taper mounts work with any other manufactures supperssors? I was thinking of buying a recce 5 for my ar's and something like a Silencerco Omega for my 308 and ak's. This would leave the 9.4" optimus on a bolt gun. My priorities are 1) suppression (already have ear damage), 2) lenght/weight, and durability.

thanks.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Griffin Plan A, works with their taper mount muzzle devices and allows the use of any suppressor with 1 3/8"-24 threads, such as the Omega, Nomad or Turbo K.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have an omega and it's been great on 223 and 6.5 cm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin