Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: To the LEO on this forum: Quit

Feedback Score

To the LEO on this forum: Quit

It is clear that people want to live in a lawless society. It is clear your leadership will buckle under the social justice mob. The nation doesn’t deserve protection anymore. While I dislike cops as I’ve been lied to, I still respect them. No human should have to deal with murders, rapes, dead children, domestic disputes and be expected to be perfect.

I thank all the LEOs here, but it’s clear that people don’t respect you all and it’s not worth risking your life for a nation of cowards.

Unbelievable they charged that cop in Atlanta with murder.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't understand how anyone at this point in time would want to be an LEO.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I can assure you, me and the guys I’m close to are trying to jump ship as fast as we can. The problem we are mostly facing is finding something else to jump to amid the poor economy created because of the overreaction to the ‘rona. (At least this is my experience in my AOR.)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I would love to but I’m stuck in this field now

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cops quitting would play right into the propaganda attack on our country.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I would imagine morale to be at an a absolute low, knowing you could be thrown under the bus at any time, for any imagined grievance.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I would encourage two days sick leave. This weekend would be perfect.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cops quitting would play right into the propaganda attack on our country.
    Sorry man. You lost me on that one the Atlanta shot was Justified, maybe not squeaky clean but still justified.It’s very clear to me that there is an attack going on. Whether the shift is just media portrayal or real life it matters not, it’s not worth it. And you’d be crazy to get into it now. There’s going to be an exodus of law-enforcement. Unfortunately there are many like myself who are at point life I can’t bail, not because I love the job, but financially and retirement age is at least insight. Remaining officers that don’t leave are going to pull back, myself included. Sorry but that’s just the truth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I don't understand how anyone at this point in time would want to be an LEO.
    In 2016, after 10 years of trying to get into LE, I was hired as a correctional officer. I found I really had a knack for it but after 5 months on the job, I got hired as a police officer, which was my ultimate goal. After a brief honeymoon period with my PD, I entered FTO and found that I was a REALLY bad fit for my department. After 4 months, I resigned as I was about to fail field training, and I went back to work at the jail. I was then miserable there as it was a shitty place to work and didn't pay enough for me to pay my bills, even with OT. After a year, I left and headed back to my hometown and took a job outside of LE while I applied for police jobs in the area where I grew up, hoping I'd get a second chance. Most of the departments turned me down because my first PD didn't work out and I finally gave up trying. I'm pursuing clinical social work and in the process of getting a MSW.

My FTO didn't like me, and no matter what I did, it was never good enough. The tension and him constantly telling me how worthless I was as both a cop and a human being killed my confidence. I finally got to a point where I could barely even drive because I was so nitpicked. I was in a depression for about a year afterwards and literally felt like anyone who ever loved me was wrong; I felt there was literally not one positive thing about my existence and I was undeserving of life.

I owe my FTO a 20 year old bottle of single malt. He probably saved my life.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score

To the LEO on this forum: Quit

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    In 2016, after 10 years of trying to get into LE, I was hired as a correctional officer. I found I really had a knack for it but after 5 months on the job, I got hired as a police officer, which was my ultimate goal. After a brief honeymoon period with my PD, I entered FTO and found that I was a REALLY bad fit for my department. After 4 months, I resigned as I was about to fail field training, and I went back to work at the jail. I was then miserable there as it was a shitty place to work and didn't pay enough for me to pay my bills, even with OT. After a year, I left and headed back to my hometown and took a job outside of LE while I applied for police jobs in the area where I grew up, hoping I'd get a second chance. Most of the departments turned me down because my first PD didn't work out and I finally gave up trying. I'm pursuing clinical social work and in the process of getting a MSW.

My FTO didn't like me, and no matter what I did, it was never good enough. The tension and him constantly telling me how worthless I was as both a cop and a human being killed my confidence. I finally got to a point where I could barely even drive because I was so nitpicked. I was in a depression for about a year afterwards and literally felt like anyone who ever loved me was wrong; I felt there was literally not one positive thing about my existence and I was undeserving of life.

I owe my FTO a 20 year old bottle of single malt. He probably saved my life.
    I’m sorry to hear you had such a sh!tty experience. Your FTO also deserves a HARD kick to the balls.

You don’t denigrate people because they may not be cut out for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast