Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the LEO on this forum: Quit

Feedback Score
    Always thought have a two week walkout all over the US to give a taste to those complaining

Feedback Score
    I have been in LE for 22yrs at a larger department. Quitting is not an option due to losing my retirement and drop money that I have worked the majority of my life for. The main thing I’m aggravated with is the effect this is having on our families. I know it’s cliche to say our wives and children worry about us everyday but compound that with the non stop coverage of LE hate on the television. I am a grown man who took this job because it was my calling ever since I can remember, I’m not going to stress out about the current situation but my family is. My father and my uncle worked for the same agency as I. When I took the test to get hired there were 600+ people taking the test for the same job. The last test they had 30-40 applicants to fill a 30 person academy. This job is not looked at the same as when I was hired and I haven’t gotten a raise in many years, but to the old timers who can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s the only job. Stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I thank G-D, I made the choice I did when I left American law enforcement to move back to Israel and go through selection.

Every once in a while, I would miss being a cop in the USA. My team mates loved the stories. But those days of missing the job have gone away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Exactly, and leave it open for what the ComDems really want- a national police force that answers only to them.
    I have eluded to this, and seen it posted as well on other threads. The end game of this 'defund the police' movement is lot more sinister, evil, and controlling than one would suspect. A National police force, ala gestapo, taking orders from an unpleasant, perhaps falsely elected ComDem administration, would be disastrous.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a little kid, Police Officers. Please, for the love of our country do not walk off to “show them what it is like” without police!

There are so many more of us that support you. We’ll figure out a way to fix this.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I can say a few words about the whole thing.

I did 30 years, when I first started I didn't give much thought of things such as benefits, leave, etc. I was just happy to be there. I recall the one summer when we were on station at the ocean front (Greekfest riots/Mobile Tactics) and I heard some older guys bitching about this and that I asked what are you guys so pissed about? One guy said "how long have you been here?" What I learned was while there are and will be internal issues, keep a positive attitude, be a good person, know your job and in your heart and mind you will do what is right. I think in spite of what we see, most people are inherently good,, both in police and non police folks. I would say to people, stay the course, do your job, there are people counting on you. Think about why you are there and let that guide you, it will be the right path.

I know it may sound simple but I always felt like the decisions I made where just that. To me they came easy, I knew what I could do, what I couldn't. I knew how to do my job and knew it well. I kept my self proficient with firearms, fitness and critical skills. Kept current on case law in regards to search and seizure, knew when to turn it on--when to turn it off.

Where it breaks down-Selection, Training and Supervision.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    I have been in LE for 22yrs at a larger department. Quitting is not an option due to losing my retirement and drop money that I have worked the majority of my life for. The main thing I’m aggravated with is the effect this is having on our families. I know it’s cliche to say our wives and children worry about us everyday but compound that with the non stop coverage of LE hate on the television. I am a grown man who took this job because it was my calling ever since I can remember, I’m not going to stress out about the current situation but my family is. My father and my uncle worked for the same agency as I. When I took the test to get hired there were 600+ people taking the test for the same job. The last test they had 30-40 applicants to fill a 30 person academy. This job is not looked at the same as when I was hired and I haven’t gotten a raise in many years, but to the old timers who can see the light at the end of the tunnel, it’s the only job. Stay safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When I applied, over 3000 for 25 slots. We had a good class, everyone stayed, passed away or moved to a federal agency but one and he was gone within a month for good reason. One thing I did see although there are mechanisms in place to protect against abuse unless someone lied, cheated, stole or committed a felony-it seems harder lately to "out process" someone.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I have a little kid, Police Officers. Please, for the love of our country do not walk off to “show them what it is like” without police!

There are so many more of us that support you. We’ll figure out a way to fix this.
    I have a little kid, too. But so do many cops. When you do your job with common sense and morality and it STILL could potentially land you in prison and make it so you never see your kids again, who wants to risk that?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    When I took the written test we had 1200 something take the test, I was in the first class taken out of that written test.

When I went through selection, they started with 1397 lads and 1 made it.

My heart breaks when I see what is happening to the police in America.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    When I took the written test we had 1200 something take the test, I was in the first class taken out of that written test.

When I went through selection, they started with 1397 lads and 1 made it.

My heart breaks when I see what is happening to the police in America.
    It's becoming harder and harder to recruit folks that actually want to be a police officer for the right reasons. People with a decent life experience as well and that really helps to do the job. While if the big three above are followed, one can "mold" a good officer. Even if their life was high school, some college, no job and right into an academy. Towards the end, there was a few folks I had to ask "wtf are you doing here?" I can say the standards have been lowered in my opinion to get the numbers, sad state.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast