Hello all,

I started a thread over in the AR General Discussion section soliciting feedback and thoughts on my ideas for improving my current AR rifle or upgrading to a new one. You can find that thread here. I've received some ok feedback so far, but Stickman graciously invited me to post a similar thread here to gain further insights. As you can see in the above thread, I'd like to have what I consider a "next level" rifle with improvements in accuracy, longevity, and (for lack of a better word) style/uniqueness. I don't own a bunch of AR's. Just one currently. It was my first and only... basically an "easy-button" complete BCM upper and lower I slapped together. It's been outstanding so far. Never an issue. But I'm now looking for my next one to be in a new class. The theme, again, is a combat-reliable rifle with increased accuracy.

My main two options are: 1. A Centurion Arms complete forged upper with LW barrel and CMR mlok rail (to slap on my existing BCM lower), or 2. A complete Centurion Arms CM4 rifle with billet upper/lower. I'd like your thoughts on what the benefits would be on going with the billet rifle. Corrie has been outstanding to correspond with, answering a few of my questions. She mentioned the billet receivers are great for the longer range precision guns (where the difference of .01" will make the difference between winning a match and losing) like the RECCE with the stainless barrel... tight fit, no slop between receivers/pins are tight, etc. It's basically what Monty designed with his "ideal" features. She also mentioned the gas ports they use on their newly-sourced barrels are .075 which to me sounds pretty ideal for a mid-length gas system paired with the H2 buffer their complete lower comes with. She also mentioned users are reporting their LW barrels shoot 1"-1.25" groups are 100 yards... damn fine accuracy. Do I gain anything from their "midweight" barrel? While I assume it would handle heat better, I'm not sure if the increased weight is really worth it for my needs.

I'm throwing around upgrading the A2 flash hider to the Stoner 63, cuz it offers a bit of extra recoil control as well as looks cool/unique. I don't care for the ping of open-pronged FH's. I already have a Geissele SSA I'd install in the lower myself (steal it from my BCM), so the only other option would be grip. I use a BCM Mod 3 grip. I'm familiar with the Ergo they offer, but I have no experience with the Reptilia grip they offer.

Anyway, that's where I am. I'd really like to give my business to nice people like Monty and Corrie no matter which option I chose. I have no doubt I'll be very happy.

Feel free to share any thoughts you may have. Thanks a lot.

Chris