Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Sale on 6/21 8PM for the Odin - all new weapon light (SF M600 competitor)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Flash Sale on 6/21 8PM for the Odin - all new weapon light (SF M600 competitor)

Olight designed a SF M600 competitor - close to the same footprint.

40% off bundle https://www.olightstore.com/O-odin-bundle-i5t.html
    30% off light only https://www.olightstore.com/odin.html

It's called the Odin and will be half the price of a M600 during this sale.

Drop rated at 1.5M (SF M600 is drop rated at 1M)
    The hotspot is nicer than the M600
    They have addressed the magnetically attached tape switch that people hated. It now locks to the tailcap with a QD disconnect.
    The color is more neutral than the M600
    The Odin has a longer runtime although it uses a proprietary 21700 lithium battery. A plus and a minus at the same time.

I hope they incorporate the knew locking tailcap tapeswitch ends for the Warrior X for those who want more throw but hate the magnetic tape switch.

Here is a review:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yeah, I am on the fence with this. I have been super pleased with the quality and products coming from Olight. I was not impressed at all with the magnetic tail switch so this QD hopefully fits the bill and does the job well. I may well get one and see.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm just a little leary that it won't be compatible with the plethora of aftermarket switches that are out there.

Supposedly they will be compatible with other mounts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    22,500 candelas. About the same as a Streamlight RM2. Maybe I'll pickup an Olight when they hit 50k.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    22,500 candelas. About the same as a Streamlight RM2. Maybe I'll pickup an Olight when they hit 50k.

I feel you. This was built to compete with an M600. Which has only 16,000 candela in the same form factor. Olight already has the Warrior X that is rated at 78,400 candela, but has tested in independent tests at over 80,000. Hopefully they offer it with the same tail cap that locks the tape switch in place that this one has soon. It would be a logical move on Olight's part to do so. If you don't use a tape switch. It doesn't really matter.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I feel you. This was built to compete with an M600. Which has only 16,000 candela in the same form factor. Olight already has the Warrior X that is rated at 78,400 candela, but has tested in independent tests at over 80,000. Hopefully they offer it with the same tail cap that locks the tape switch in place that this one has soon. It would be a logical move on Olight's part to do so. If you don't use a tape switch. It doesn't really matter.
    Which begs the question, since they both utilize the 5,000 mAh 21700 battery, could you put a Warrior X head on the Odin to get more throw?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Which begs the question, since they both utilize the 5,000 mAh 21700 battery, could you put a Warrior X head on the Odin to get more throw?
    I don't think so...and the Warrior X Pro uses the new 21700 and is bulkier (also 90,000 candela), the regular Warrior X uses more common 18650's and is slimmer (78,400 candela).
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 06-19-20 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I don't think so...and the Warrior X Pro uses the new 21700 and is bulkier (also 90,000 candela), the regular Warrior X uses more common 18650's and is slimmer (78,400 candela).
    Sorry, I was apparently looking at the Warrior X Pro, not the regular one. Just wondered if the body diameter and threads were the same.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    My apologies to all if I came off sounding dismissive. I've been following Olight for the last couple of years and honestly want them to be a real contender in the weaponlight space. I have two Streamlight RM2s and am looking for an affordable upgrade. I hope Olight gets there sooner than later.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    My apologies to all if I came off sounding dismissive. I've been following Olight for the last couple of years and honestly want them to be a real contender in the weaponlight space. I have two Streamlight RM2s and am looking for an affordable upgrade. I hope Olight gets there sooner than later.

I didn't think you were being dismissive. It's all good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast