Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 17 mags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gen 5 Glock 17 mags

Loading a bunch of G17 mags and noticed that the new gen 5 orange follower mags acting kinda weird. One one it's impossible to get the 17th round in and on both the 17th witness hole is always empty. And they rattle quite loud

Compared to gen 4

Gen5

Is this normal? I'm new to gen 5. All my previous Glocks have been gen 3 and mags were a mix or gen1-4

Edit to add. The more gen5 mags I load the more they seem to be all over the place. Some load quite easy and all 17 witness holes show brass and no rattle. Some rattle a little but everything else is fine and others seem to be like what I originally described
    Last edited by Arik; 06-19-20 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nothing unique to the gen5. Whack the bottom of the mag a couple of times as you fill it, fill the mags and shoot through them several times for initial spring work, and don't count on the witness holes to always show what you want. Susceptibility to rattling may also be affected by the cartridge OAL and bullet profile loaded inside as the rounds stack.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The rattling is normal. Don’t know why. Whacking the bottom of the mag works until it doesn’t.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When your filling the mag the rounds aren't stacking properly, that rattle noise is rounds not properly double attacked. It's a normal problem with double stack Mags so every few rounds just two the mag on the bottom to purposely arrange them. Sheild arms has a video on this I think.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I knew they sometimes make a slight rattle noise..... sometimes. But damn these are like a musical instruments! Either way, ran just shy of 500 rounds today with no issues

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I knew they sometimes make a slight rattle noise..... sometimes. But damn these are like a musical instruments! Either way, ran just shy of 500 rounds today with no issues
    I've noticed the Gen5 mags seem to be more rattle prone.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We dumped some mags on my son's new G34, didn't notice noise and zero malfunctions.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I was taught that the rattle is from the 9mm rounds not having parallel walls like 40S&W or 45ACP. They were originally designed to facilitate loading an extracting from dirty chambers under wartime conditions so they’re narrower at the mouth than the base. The rattle comes from the extra room in a straight stick magazine but would be absent in a curved magazine like the current production MP5 mags.

Feedback Score
    I just pulled the trigger on 3 gen 5 Glock 17 mags and 3 Glock 26 +2 mags at Midway. With Biden leading in the race and on his website saying he wants a permanent re- do on the 1994 "assault weapon ban". I remember going to gun shows and seeing full capacity Glock mags selling for $80+ each. The $25 or so each seems like a bargain. These are my 1st gen 5 mags as my Glocks are all gen 4

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Everyone should be stocked on mags. Using the glock loader or uplula never had a problem loading to full capacity. Eat your wheaties. The rattle is normal doesnt affect anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast