Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Tax - Raise it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gas Tax - Raise it?

Should we raise the gas tax? After all, gas is below $2 a gallon in many places.

I'm confident that we can trust the politicians to lower it again if gas prices go up when the next oil market swing occurs.

I am a content and happy citizen of the USSA.

M_P

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Notice Congress has not invited the heads of the oil companies back to congratulate and thank them for lowering their prices - why is that, I wonder?

If gas goes down to $1.20 / gallon will they feel sorry for the oil companies because they are not making enough of a profit?

They could give them a bailout!!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    BTW- There will be no more corporate bailouts of any kind until I get one. I mean after all I have been a responsible tax payer and I didn't mismanage my household so I should be able to get one also, right?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    BTW- There will be no more corporate bailouts of any kind until I get one. I mean after all I have been a responsible tax payer and I didn't mismanage my household so I should be able to get one also, right?
    What he said!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    No, that is exactly why you DON'T qualify for one!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gas Tax - Raise it?
    Taxes - Stop paying them?.

Push me any further big government, and i'll be stopping payment on your allowance.

I would rather live in absolute squaller and be jobless, than work my ass of to pay taxes and only live slightly better.

Feedback Score
    If you are into the global warming thing and want to run the economy, it would make sense. Can't wait to see the Ayatolah, Chavez, and Putin start to squirm when oil hits $30 a barrel.

If I were homeless, I would make a sign that said:

"$700 billion for the Bankers,
    I'll take a dollar."

When are people going to realize that the govt is bailing out these companies, WE are. Bailing out the "Big Three" is nothing more than a bailout of the unions.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Dude, you blew your chances for a bailout. you're suppose to buy a house 10 times what you can afford, a two cars that are three times what you can afford, max out 8-10 credit cards and then vote for change.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What about our crumbling infrastructure? Without new gas taxes, we won't be able to repair it. Roads, bridges, curbs, park benches, drinking fountains, jungle gyms and monkey bars will fall into disrepair! We will be the laughing stock of the civilized world if that happens.

M_P

PS - I'm glad that the bailout, that had to be passed in 48 hours or the world would end, only took two weeks to pass and now only half of it needs to be used until Barry takes office. What's $350 billion between friends?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    What about our crumbling infrastructure? Without new gas taxes, we won't be able to repair it. Roads, bridges, curbs, park benches, drinking fountains, jungle gyms and monkey bars will fall into disrepair! We will be the laughing stock of the civilized world if that happens.
    Roads bridges and curbs are highly overrated, but I draw the line at park benches. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, they can kiss my ass.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast