Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: single stage trigger suggestions

Feedback Score

single stage trigger suggestions

I have a Timney competition 3lb on my 16" 5.56/223, and I am probably going to put the same only 4lb on my 7.5" 300blk pistol. The pistol wil be my home defense gun along with a p226 sig...but realistically (and I pray) it will only be used on the range.

Any reason I should go a different route?
    Last edited by Steved13; 06-21-20 at 05:45. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have a 4# Wilson TTU that I really like. I doesn't depend on setscrews to hold it in like the Timney. To tell you the truth I think a hot rod trigger in home defense gun is a liability.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    3-4# seems mighty light for an HD setup.

Perhaps one of the improved mill-spec options or a 2 stage with a very short take up like the Larue MBT would be better choices.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Google Timney trigger fail

Geissele / ALG, maybe Larue on “go to” guns
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    thanks for the replies. I really don't want a 2 stage, or from reviews and opinions geisselle would probably be the answer. Prepping on the range, and prepping in an intense scenario seem like a bad idea to me...bit I am new to ARs so probably wrong on that?

I was liking the drop in idea also.

Not sure why a 4lb would be too light? If finger is out of the trigger guard?

You guys have me rethinking.

I really appreciate the advice, and patience with a new guy.

Feedback Score
    I have a 4lb Wilson TTU and 4lb Timney 668s. I would recommend the Wilson.

Chattanooga has a moderate climate, but I lived up north and wore gloves in the winter a heavier trigger would be best. If you decide to go with a heavier 5-6lb single stage, take a look at LaRue.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 06-21-20 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    I'm in Florida. I don't own gloves anymore

I was thinking about the Wilson.
    Last edited by Steved13; 06-21-20 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think the plated/polished mil-spec style triggers don't get the love they deserve. The BCM PNT and similar triggers are a significant improvement over a standard trigger and retain the strong reset and years of product improvement of the mil-spec trigger.

I have a BCM PNT installed in my HD AR and I think it's perfect in that role.

Andy

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steved13 View Post
    thanks for the replies. I really don't want a 2 stage, or from reviews and opinions geisselle would probably be the answer. Prepping on the range, and prepping in an intense scenario seem like a bad idea to me...bit I am new to ARs so probably wrong on that?

I was liking the drop in idea also.

You guys have me rethinking.

I really appreciate the advice, and patience with a new guy.
    If you are finessing the trigger in your "intense scenario" you are increasing your odds of being killed. You can jerk a 9 pound 2 stage trigger just as fast as a 4 pound single stage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    If you are finessing the trigger in your "intense scenario" you are increasing your odds of being killed. You can jerk a 9 pound 2 stage trigger just as fast as a 4 pound single stage.
    yup makes sense. You kind of made my point...probably would be "finessing" on the range (from the little I know I think thats what 2 sages are about, prep it fine tune the aim and shoot) and then doing something totally diffeent in an intnse scenario. Could never finesse on the range but then I don't understand why get a 2 stage at all?

I hope I don't sound argumentative, I am questioning to learn not argue, written words without "tone" can be misinterpreted

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast