Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: single stage trigger suggestions

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post

~SNIP~

Even a quick google search shows that pros use match triggers to get their groups down, and I'm pretty sure, nope, POSITIVE, that their fingers are already stronger at this point.

~SNIP~

We know what we need and don't need. You do you.
    The OP asked which single stage trigger to use for a defensive carbine not which trigger he should use for competitive shooting. Its like telling a Glock owner they need a lighter trigger for CCW.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-27-20 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The interwebs be trippin'

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-27-20 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The OP asked which single stage trigger to use for a defensive carbine not which trigger he should use for competitive shooting.

Andy
    And someone made the remark that you snipped away about the groups going down, so I used facts to prove otherwise. So it's still relevant matter how you feel, because facts actually matter.

Some people actually do use single stages in defensive carbines. I am one of them. And no matter how one feels, it's not a wrong decision either, YMMV.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    And someone made the remark that you snipped away about the groups going down, so I used facts to prove otherwise. So it's still relevant matter how you feel, because facts actually matter.

Some people actually do use single stages in defensive carbines. I am one of them. And no matter how one feels, it's not a wrong decision either, YMMV.
    I am not criticizing your (or anyone's) choice of triggers. I am only suggesting that a match trigger should not be the default choice for a gun used primarily for home defense.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-27-20 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am not criticizing your (or anyone's) choice of triggers. I am only suggesting that a match trigger should not be the default choice for a gun used primarily for home defense.

Andy
    You can suggest all you want, but that wasn't what you did when you deliberately left out pertinent parts of the conversation when you tried to undermine, and criticizing me.

The default choice is what the user thinks after making a rationalized and informed decision. Whether it be a milspec, match two stage, match single stage, whatever.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You can suggest all you want, but that wasn't what you did when you deliberately left out pertinent parts of the conversation when you tried to undermine, and criticizing me.

The default choice is what the user thinks after making a rationalized and informed decision. Whether it be a milspec, match two stage, match single stage, whatever.
    You are correct that I snipped as much of the pissing contest between yourself and another member as possible. My reply had nothing to do with the parts of your post that I snipped, and I clearly indicated that I was not quoting all of your post.

I committed no offense against you.

Default does not mean an ideal solution selected after carefully considering a single user's unique circumstance, it means a selection that will safely satisfy the minimum requirements across a broad spectrum of users and uses.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    **snip**

Default does not mean an ideal solution selected after carefully considering a single user's unique circumstance, it means a selection that will safely satisfy the minimum requirements across a broad spectrum of users and uses.

Andy
    But a point being made still is a point regardless of how you see it.

And that's an invalid argument for what a default is. You are stretching goalposts. Nothing more, nothing less. And as for safety, the minimum is the four rules and ONLY the FOUR RULES. Anything else is added subjective based requirements that are not necessary as a whole and does nothing for the objective of one's selection of a trigger for home defense use; it just means that you have added things to it, a personal choice (not wrong) to add and think others need to adhere to as well (which is wrong).

Feedback Score
    Anyway!!! I ended up deciding I am going to turn my long AR into a long range gun so I got a Triggertech Diamond and put it in that gun. (and a Vortex AMG)..probably a barrel upgrade in it's future. I took the Timney competition, from that gun and put it in the 300blk pistol.

Very pleased with both triggers now.

For those that missed it from the OP "but realistically (and I pray) it will only be used on the range." So yes I wil grab it if in the hugely unlikely chance I ever needed it for defense, but the range is really where it will live. And been handling guns for 50 years...very familiar with basic safety.

Appreciate the input.
    Last edited by Steved13; 08-07-20 at 08:19.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234