Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget base and rings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Budget base and rings.

Got a buddy getting into bokt guns. Just bought a Bergara HMR and a PST gen2 5-25. He's looking for some base and rings preferably under 200 dollars. Anything decent in that price range?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Talley lightweights with integral base are very nice and can be had for under $100. I've used them on some heavy-recoiling rifles and they're never moved.p

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hit up Pappabear. He just found that he's got a TON of 30mm rings that he thought were 1"
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Leupold has their new backcountry bases and rings at reasonable prices, they are aluminum though if that matters.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I wouldn’t skimp and don’t trust some of the “lightweight” stuff like Talley. Especially when you pair it with a heavier scope like the PST2 5-25.

After doing some reading on SnipersHide, I went with Seekins Precision rings and a Mountain Tactical base for my Tikka T3X CTR. Even at full retail it runs at about $180 for the setup. Wait for a sale or buy off the EE and you can save some more. You can definitely pay much more for rings and base, but for the money, I think this is about as good as it gets.

EGW bases are also generally well regarded in that price range. And I’m fairly positive the Vortex Precision Matched rings are made by Seekins...not sure if there’s much of a price difference though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I wouldn’t skimp and don’t trust some of the “lightweight” stuff like Talley. Especially when you pair it with a heavier scope like the PST2 5-25.

After doing some reading on SnipersHide, I went with Seekins Precision rings and a Mountain Tactical base for my Tikka T3X CTR. Even at full retail it runs at about $180 for the setup. Wait for a sale or buy off the EE and you can save some more. You can definitely pay much more for rings and base, but for the money, I think this is about as good as it gets.

EGW bases are also generally well regarded in that price range. And I’m fairly positive the Vortex Precision Matched rings are made by Seekins...not sure if there’s much of a price difference though.
    Rings I would spend $$$ on, but a base is a base.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The Talley steel rings are Great. I have them on several custom rifles. It can take a little time to get the scope lined up because the way the rings work but once they are on and tight the wonÂ’t come loose.

The ones I have use a 2 piece base. They are not that expensive.

I have not gotten the nerve up to try the aluminum.

https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/...d-ring-system/

https://www.talleymanufacturing.com/...pe-ring-bases/

Feedback Score
    I put Vortex rings today on a BCM AR today with a PST Gen II 2 - 10 and the rings aligned great and seem really solid. No issues at all. The Vortex rings are about $54 on midway

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I still got you big boy. I’m in Florida right now but when I get back. No problem.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    i'll vouch for the talley steel rings.
    that is what i'd be using if
    1) i didn't need to mount LRF and NV stuff above the scope
    2) i didn't win a bunch of spuhr mounts off prize tables at matches

cheap rings are the devil. but you definitely don't need to spend $300-500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast