Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Nightforce Unimounts

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Tell me about Nightforce Unimounts

I need a mount that doesn’t have levers, is relatively lightweight, and 1 piece (minus ring assembly of course.

I’ve been looking at the Unimounts and they seem to have what I want. There’s not a lot of info out there about them other than they’re good.

Specifically I’m looking at the A496 Unimount which matches my needs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have an unimount, but I have been using an Aero precision mount for years. It has always held zero, is one of the lightest mounts available, and has 3 lugs for the rail interface. I was disappointed when I bought a warne scope mount that was twice the weight and had one less lug, and more expensive.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I don't have an unimount, but I have been using an Aero precision mount for years. It has always held zero, is one of the lightest mounts available, and has 3 lugs for the rail interface. I was disappointed when I bought a warne scope mount that was twice the weight and had one less lug, and more expensive.
    My Aero lightweight broke at the one of the lugs after a few hundred rounds. The Warne that I replaced it with, hasn't even after a few thousand rounds. Plus I don't notice the weight at all to be honest as it's significantly lighter than LaRue or an ADM and those I can feel the weight with.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Unimounts from Nightforce and Badger are excellent when properly torqued. Aero is lightweight, but has much less clamping surface to the rail than Unimounts. Mounts which use 1/2" nuts torqued to the proper spec seem to be the standard

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Warne makes the best CHEAP unimount on the market. I love Bobro and Geiselle but Warne is goto

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The fact that there isn't much out there should tell you the story. I have 2 or 3 NF unimounts. They are on the lighter side. I have never had any issues with them. I like that they are not vertical. They have never moved or shifted. They are easy to mount and attach the scope. They are extremely strong. If memory serves they are 7075. I can't remember ever seeing any negative comments. They are on the expensive side. I also have badger, LaRue, Aero and NF is my favorite. I do not like the Aero and have seen a few issues with Warne mounts. I know all the comments on the Larue, but so long as they are properly tightened, no issue for me. I find they need to be tightened abit more than what the directions say.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I appreciate the replies so far. Thanks everyone!

Feedback Score
    I have used a Nightforce Unimount now for over a decade. Worth the cost, strong, strong, strong. Doesn’t shift, relatively light too.

Maybe not as sexy as other options but dead nuts reliable.

Feedback Score
    My personal philosophy is that I do not own range toys. In a crisis situation (whatever that may be), no matter which one of my weapons I get ahold of first, I know I will have a rugged tool, aka "I don't do range toys!".
    This said, I do A LOT of research before buying anything firearm related. I don't have much (under a dozen, pistols and rifles). I own an extreme duty unimount which lives on an AR10, holding a Nightforce scope. In all my research, I've not come across any negative reviews, and mine works as advertised.
    I have friends who thought saving on a mount was the clever thing to do. I saw broken aero mounts, Burris PEPPR mounts no staying put, and some seriously ridiculous stuff happening with chinesium mounts. I'm firmly in the buy once, crud once camp. There's only 3 mounts that I, personally, would trust with my life: Spuhr, Geissele and Nightforce. I am intrigued by the new Badger mount with the side mount capabilities, but not enough so that I'd take a perfectly good mount off to try one out.
    Long story short: Nightforce unimounts are definetly good to go. Well worth the money.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    My personal philosophy is that I do not own range toys. In a crisis situation (whatever that may be), no matter which one of my weapons I get ahold of first, I know I will have a rugged tool, aka "I don't do range toys!".
    This said, I do A LOT of research before buying anything firearm related. I don't have much (under a dozen, pistols and rifles). I own an extreme duty unimount which lives on an AR10, holding a Nightforce scope. In all my research, I've not come across any negative reviews, and mine works as advertised.
    I have friends who thought saving on a mount was the clever thing to do. I saw broken aero mounts, Burris PEPPR mounts no staying put, and some seriously ridiculous stuff happening with chinesium mounts. I'm firmly in the buy once, crud once camp. There's only 3 mounts that I, personally, would trust with my life: Spuhr, Geissele and Nightforce. I am intrigued by the new Badger mount with the side mount capabilities, but not enough so that I'd take a perfectly good mount off to try one out.
    Long story short: Nightforce unimounts are definetly good to go. Well worth the money.
    I'd pick a c1 over a geissele, based on technical reasons as well as preference for company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast