Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about Nightforce Unimounts

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think I have an older Badger mounted up somewhere and I just bought a C1/COMM. I would expect them to be more or less identical aside from the enhanced capability of the C1 and I too would prefer it over a Geissele Super mount, as evidenced by my purchase. Spuhr out for personal reasons and I've owned Nightforce unimounts with no issue in the past.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I only use NF and Badger mounts at this point. I have been using the NF unimounts for years now. They are less expensive than other options and are my go to light weight option. If I want modularity then I flex to the badger C1.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve used a few NF Unimounts.

Damn good. Second to none.

Feedback Score
    I’m setting up an AR and bought the Vortex one piece scope mount. I didn’t care for the way it looked or the 35 inch pounds maximum torque (low?) so I sent it back and ordered one directly from Midwest which was actually a bit cheaper. The maximum torque for the Midwest mount to rail bolts is 45 inch pounds which seems more normal. It made me think the Vortex bolts were thinner or weaker material.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’m not a torque expert and honestly couldn’t tell you what’s good or not. However, I have a minimalist Colt LE6920 setup with iron sights (carry handle). I used my fat wrench and set the torque to 25 inch pounds. They haven’t moved, loosened, or lost zero in over 10 years of doing this.

I know the NF Unimount calls for something like 60-68 inch pounds of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    I’m setting up an AR and bought the Vortex one piece scope mount. I didn’t care for the way it looked or the 35 inch pounds maximum torque (low?) so I sent it back and ordered one directly from Midwest which was actually a bit cheaper. The maximum torque for the Midwest mount to rail bolts is 45 inch pounds which seems more normal. It made me think the Vortex bolts were thinner or weaker material.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12