Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I bought my son a G34 , what trigger

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by friendo View Post
    I polished and replaced the trigger bar, got the trigger down to 3.5ish and installed a smooth trigger shoe with wider safety and am quite pleased. The Glock is now a joy to shoot, actually with a smooth trigger pull of a well worn dbl action.
    Which trigger shoe did you go with?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Which trigger shoe did you go with?
    I'm going to have to go through my parts box and find the package. Ill find it and get back to you.

It's smooth, no serrations and the safety lever is wider. It changed my frown to a smile. The stock trigger shoe/safety was more like the plastic toy gun triggers I had as a kid.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Nope. I buy the gun with the sights I want. I have stock nigh sights that Glock uses. But if you're specifically referring to the old plastic, white ball and basket style sights. Well I just sold two of my old glocks that had those sights. They won't win you any bullseye competitions but they work just fine for self defense
    And what percentage would you guess roll with plastic sights here? Do you think the guys talking up the stock trigger and it's swellness are maybe changing their sights too?
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-22-20 at 21:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    That's about the only reason I would roll with the stock setup.
    Imo, learning a crappy trigger really forces you to learn proper control.
    I would suggest starting out stock/da, until you hit a certain level.

I trained with a ny trigger for a while and it really helped me get ahead quickly.

For sights: 1: i keep stock and add an rmr for competition. Carry gun has factory tritium.
    2: sights dont affect reliability. Most (all?) of the guys ive run into with unreliable glocks have “sweet triggers” and/or tuned springs. Not all are unreliable, but I avoid the drama and its not holding me back.

At the end if the day, trigger is a luxury.

Edit- stock sights are fine for practical shooting. If they get mashed up, change them... but they are fine as is ime.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-22-20 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And what percentage would you guess roll with plastic sights here? Do you think the guys talking up the stock trigger and it's swellness are maybe changing their sights too?
    Wouldn't know or care or even ever thought about. But often it's change for change. Not always but when it's ....just got X what do I change....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The point is that they recommend not touching the trigger but will change the sights. Evidently sights are essential, but a better trigger isn't. The mods I did to my 34 were minor, some springs and sights. And it's a better gun for it.

Wonder how many stock Glock trigger guys are running non-stock triggers in their AR's.

No answers needed, because some don't care about such things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The point is that they recommend not touching the trigger but will change the sights. Evidently sights are essential, but a better trigger isn't. The mods I did to my 34 were minor, some springs and sights. And it's a better gun for it.

Wonder how many stock Glock trigger guys are running non-stock triggers in their AR's.

No answers needed, because some don't care about such things.
    With the exception of red dot my ARs are stock although once I did go crazy and replaced a pistol grip.

Last edited by Arik; 06-22-20 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Imo, learning a crappy trigger really forces you to learn proper control.
    I would suggest starting out stock/da, until you hit a certain level.

I trained with a ny trigger for a while and it really helped me get ahead quickly.

For sights: 1: i keep stock and add an rmr for competition. Carry gun has factory tritium.
    2: sights dont affect reliability. Most (all?) of the guys ive run into with unreliable glocks have “sweet triggers” and/or tuned springs. Not all are unreliable, but I avoid the drama and its not holding me back.

At the end if the day, trigger is a luxury.

Edit- stock sights are fine for practical shooting. If they get mashed up, change them... but they are fine as is ime.
    My stock plastic sights shot 10" high at 25 yds. I put a 10-8 rear and fiber optic front and made it into a serious SD gun. A gunfight is not the time to try and find your front sight.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    With the exception of red dot my ARs are stock although once I did go crazy and replaced a pistol grip.

Looks like you went a bit more crazy than you let on...look at that magnified optic.

Feedback Score
    I run an Apex in my Gen5 17. I really like it. Nothing wrong with changing the trigger out. As most of you would know, I assume, a better trigger yields better results. I would also assume the OP is not concealing this G34 and using it as a range gun. Swapping out the connector does nothing for the creep, reducing pull weight, slightly, yes but that’s it. Several good options out there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast