Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I bought my son a G34 , what trigger

Feedback Score
    My recipe for my Glock Gen 4 triggers (yes, I’ve vetted this over thousands of rounds with my ammo and yes, I’m confident in carrying this setup; since tolerances are fairly loose it needs to be thoroughly vetted in every individual gun):

Overwatch Precision PolyDAT
    Overwatch Precision NP3 minus connector
    Lighter safety plunger spring (will reduce the almost 3 stage feel of a stock Glock trigger)
    Polished safety plunger
    Polished striker lug
    4.5 pound striker spring

I’ll likely move to OP’s NP3 coated plungers and strikers as well; NP3’s natural lubricity is the real deal.

I have zero light strikes with this setup, a great trigger feel, and can verify all safeties remain functional in my guns. I DON’T recommend the heavy/“competition” trigger spring; reset and trigger safety engagement aren’t confidence inspiring with that setup, IME.

Also, all guns should have dots; Dawson adjustable sights if policy prohibits a dot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For triggers, I'm a big fan of Overwatch Precision. I've had at least 4 or 5 of their triggers and have tested them in at least a half dozen gen 1-3 G19, G17, G34, G42, and G48. Striker engagement has always tested solid, and I've never seen or experienced a safety issue with them. I like the DAT trigger, though the FALX has grown on me quite a bit, and I think I'm liking it more now. Pre travel is reduced, but not dangerously so. With the FALX trigger reach is improved over stock, even if not a significant amount.

For connectors, I'm a huge fan of the Ghost Edge. They don't require fitment, and the changed geometry has the effect of reducing the "hitch" in Glock trigger pulls. The end result is a much smoother pull throughout the full stroke of the trigger. This is evident by this excellent test bench video mapping the stroke of several connectors.

For return springs, I usually go with either a 6# or NY1.

For firing pin safeties, I like the polished OEM one from Apex. In my experience, it doesn't make a huge difference, but every little bit counts.

More recently I've been going with a modded NY1 that I swapped an aftermarket 12lb/in coil spring into. The stock NY1 coil spring appears to measure at 17.5lb/in based on my calculations. That plus an Overwatch DAT and Ghost Edge has made for an extremely nice, consistent pull (under 6#, I think was right at 5# even, but it's been several weeks since I measured).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shadow1198; 07-05-20 at 10:43. Reason: Changed image link
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

Texas Gun Talk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567