Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good Glock pistolsmiths in Central Texas?

Feedback Score

Any good Glock pistolsmiths in Central Texas?

Agree with returning all to stock and either bringing it to GT or send to Glock.

Most of my Glocks (including several G19’s) are Gen4’s and I like them best. All run 100% reliably.

Bought almost an very one from GT (Blue Label). Great store...well worth the trip from New Braunfels for me...even driving through F’d-up Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 06-23-20 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Have the most skilled and experienced shooter available to you test fire the gun through deliberate exercises in its current condition with your choice of ammunition. Compare, record, and report results.

Return it to stock, 100% OEM components as shipped. Clean and lube per the manual. Shoot some better ammo through it with OEM mags. A mag at a time in full and half second cadences works for function checking. Also one round over an empty mag, then two over an empty mag, then three, etc all the way to a full mag. If you experience a stoppage, photograph it. Have the same shooter above repeat. Compare, record, and report results.

-or-

Box it up and return it.

Your gun should indeed run with the CCI, but that load can vary quite a bit. If you want to baseline and test fire with a more economical load, find some AE.
    Good stuff, thanks.

One thing I noticed is the jams, whether OEM mags or Magpul, happen at roughly the same place in the sequence, usually the 5 thru 10 round, never the first or last round.

I'm going to shoot it tomorrow using your advise. A buddy is a former Glock armorer, FFL pistol smith who was one of the engineers that redesigned the 1911 for Kimber back in the 90's. Ill see if he wants to come along and shoot it. I've been the only person except my g/f who has ever shot the gun.

Feedback Score
    Update- I went out to the range and shot my G19 for the first time since I got it back from a pistolsmith.

I ran eleven mags or 165 rounds through it using both 115 gr. CCI Bazer and 124 gr.+P Gold Dot using both OEM Glock and Magpul 15 rd. mags. I didn't have one malfunction or jam.

I had a Cominolli thumb safety installed awhile back. The Glock jammed right out of the box with everything stock so I didn't mention that earlier because I didn't want to complicate the situation.
    The smith that installed it went through it, claimed I had taken the trigger group out and put it back in incorrectly which was a load of BS. I hadn't even field stripped it after he installed the thumb safety. He apparently installed the trigger element wrong when he first installed the thumb safety and tried to blame me.

The gun performed flawlessly today but I want to run another 100 rounds through it before I trust my life with it.

BTW, before experts tell me I don't need a manual thumb safety on a Glock, after growing up learning pistol craft on a 1911 in the 70's I rely heavily on a manual thumb safety. It plays a major role in my draw, shooting technique and timing. Plus, it's a great platform to rest the thumb on the gun hand.

Anyway, I'm a happy shooter today.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by friendo View Post
    Update- I went out to the range and shot my G19 for the first time since I got it back from a pistolsmith.

I ran eleven mags or 165 rounds through it using both 115 gr. CCI Bazer and 124 gr.+P Gold Dot using both OEM Glock and Magpul 15 rd. mags. I didn't have one malfunction or jam.

I had a Cominolli thumb safety installed awhile back. The Glock jammed right out of the box with everything stock so I didn't mention that earlier because I didn't want to complicate the situation.
    The smith that installed it went through it, claimed I had taken the trigger group out and put it back in incorrectly which was a load of BS. I hadn't even field stripped it after he installed the thumb safety. He apparently installed the trigger element wrong when he first installed the thumb safety and tried to blame me.

The gun performed flawlessly today but I want to run another 100 rounds through it before I trust my life with it.

BTW, before experts tell me I don't need a manual thumb safety on a Glock, after growing up learning pistol craft on a 1911 in the 70's I rely heavily on a manual thumb safety. It plays a major role in my draw, shooting technique and timing. Plus, it's a great platform to rest the thumb on the gun hand.

Anyway, I'm a happy shooter today.
    The lack of candor and disingenuous posting you display in this thread is inconsistent with expectations of members and unacceptable. When you post a request for assistance, members come forward in good faith with their training, experience, and a sincere desire to help. When you are not forthright with information pertaining to the problem you present, you waste their time, effort, and the site's signal:noise.

Don't bother to post such a request again.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12