Thread: Magaine ID markings, revisited

Just another filthy undesirable civilian "basement dweller"
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Magaine ID markings, revisited

I did a search on this, and found an endless range of posts on the Materiel side of magazine ID's, but not so much the Software side--color codes, ID's etc.

Question is, what all "special codes" do you guys use to indicate loads, roles etc.? I know any dedicated as malfunction trainers usually require a color marking, and thought I'd see what colors you guys use for what meanings. (Some favor red for trainers; I was leaning more toward a light blue like the military uses on practice ordnance saving red for "war shots," and I know Orange is usually for "less lethal.")

Right now, here's the roadmap I'm thinking of for my own codes; would appreciate any refinement suggestions. Bear in mind, I'm operating several different groups for specific apps...

Dedicated for my M4, all MAG556-MCT
    Main Mags: M4 1-14, green band at bottom
    Training Mags: M4 T1-T7, blue band above green band
    All: My initials on bottom of baseplate

Dedicated for our C8, all D&H/USGI 30-round
    Main Mags: C8 1-14, colored band at bottom (waiting for GF to pick color, since these are for "her" gun)
    Training Mags: C8 T1-T7, blue band above colored band
    All: My initials and hers on bottom of baseplate

General Purpose inventory, all black no-window Gen M3 PMags
    Numbering system: First two digits are capacity, second two individual ID--examples, 1021 = ten-round in active use, 30T3 = 30-round training-only
    Blue band on bottom body: Training use only
    Red base: Loaded with Mk 262--does Magpul sell spare baseplates?
    Green base: Loaded with M855
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

The NRA: Fighting Democratic Party terrorists with military-style assault weapons since 1871. LIFE MEMBER

Not employed or sponsored by any manufacturer, distributor or retailer.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I number each mag with a paint marker. If the mag is the possible culprit of a failure, I separate it from the batch. If I determine the mag is bad, and isn't fixable (cracked PMag, bent feed lips, etc) I destroy it. I do not keep bad mags around for malfunction practice.