Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steiner PX4i

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Steiner PX4i

These seem to be in low stock right now. DSG Arms seems to be the only place that I see that has them. Are they legit? Price is high from them.

Optics Planet says they are in stock but not sure if I trust that.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    These seem to be in low stock right now. DSG Arms seems to be the only place that I see that has them. Are they legit? Price is high from them.

Optics Planet says they are in stock but not sure if I trust that.
    It is a decent 1x4 optic if the cost is under $500. Pretty forgiving eyebox, dot is daylight bright, not real heavy (about 17 oz less the mount) and seems pretty rugged. I've been running one for two years now, primarily on a 12.5" carbine. I've shot the 12.5 with this optic out to 400 yards (prone) on a C zone steel target with no issue.

It has two less than optimum issues IMO. First, the BDC reticle is rather basic, though you can figure out holds for each sub-tension. Second, the illumination control knob has an annoying habit of moving when doing anything active, such as running. I've had numerous times where I bring the rifle up to find the dot is off and I have to use the cross hairs only.
    Last edited by nightchief; 06-23-20 at 00:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought both of mine from DSG. They became very popular about 2 years ago so the price went way up. I like mine. I upgraded one to a razor this year because I frequently see 475 yards at local matches and wanted just a little more magnification. The BDC comment is pretty relevant but I’ve never run into the illumination knob moving on its own.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I bought both of mine from DSG. They became very popular about 2 years ago so the price went way up. I like mine. I upgraded one to a razor this year because I frequently see 475 yards at local matches and wanted just a little more magnification. The BDC comment is pretty relevant but I’ve never run into the illumination knob moving on its own.
    And how does the px4i compare to the razor?

From what I’m hearing, the px4i is basically a 1-4 razor as far as clarity, eye box, eye relief, etc. I know it’s not a military grade optic as far as durability and being out on the battlefield like the razor, but if I only need 4x, will I be missing out on much compared to the razor?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Steiner P4xi is one of the most popular 1-4s for good reason. It's high quality, and the dot is one of the brightest of all LPVOs. I haven't seen them for sale for less than $500.00 in a while. However, we have one lightly used for $540.00.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    And how does the px4i compare to the razor?

From what I’m hearing, the px4i is basically a 1-4 razor as far as clarity, eye box, eye relief, etc. I know it’s not a military grade optic as far as durability and being out on the battlefield like the razor, but if I only need 4x, will I be missing out on much compared to the razor?
    The razor is just better. The Steiner has very good glass, a great daylight bright dot, and big eye box. I would honestly give the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6 a look. You'll find it cheaper than the Steiner most of the time now and who doesn't want more mag in the same package? What you think you need now works until you realize $550 in you should have gone a little higher (that's what happened to me).
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for the PST and a lot of them are out of stock now. Guess the word's out!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaN View Post
    I'm looking for the PST and a lot of them are out of stock now. Guess the word's out!
    Yea I was doing the same earlier and can’t find any.

I actually want and am willing to pay for the Scalarworks Mount with the Razor Gen IIE package but they’ve been out of stock. It’s a couple hundred more to get the razor from someone else and the mount separately.

So started looking at other optic options and most stuff is out of stock everywhere. Stinks. I need something for this new BCM MK2 upper that I have.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yea I was doing the same earlier and can’t find any.

I actually want and am willing to pay for the Scalarworks Mount with the Razor Gen IIE package but they’ve been out of stock. It’s a couple hundred more to get the razor from someone else and the mount separately.

So started looking at other optic options and most stuff is out of stock everywhere. Stinks. I need something for this new BCM MK2 upper that I have.
    I’ve had a P4Xi for several years. IMHO it’s a fantastic GP LPVO. The Razor 1-6 is great and has awesome glass, but for me its’ weight threw the balance of the carbine off. I sold the Razor a couple of years ago. I really like the reticle on the P4Xi. Personal preference of course, but I think it is easier to use without illumination vs the Razor.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The razor is just better. The Steiner has very good glass, a great daylight bright dot, and big eye box. I would honestly give the Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6 a look. You'll find it cheaper than the Steiner most of the time now and who doesn't want more mag in the same package? What you think you need now works until you realize $550 in you should have gone a little higher (that's what happened to me).
    I agree with this, which is why I put the $500 qualifier on my orig message. When I bought mine, Sport Optics was selling them in the low $400's, free shipping. At that price, the Steiner was a good option, especially if its going on a SBR or AR pistol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast