Thread: Silencerco Omega 36m

Feedback Score

Silencerco Omega 36m

I've done a search but I haven't found the answer to my questions thus far. I'm considering ordering a 36m due to it's versatility, but I have some questions for those that already own one. Is the versatility also a weakness as far as being able to shorten the suppressor? Does carbon get stuck in the threads making it hard to break down into it's two components and then reattach to each other? Same thing for the end caps. Do they get carbon welded? What kind of POI shift are you getting and is it repeatable? Even though sound suppression is far down on the list of importance, does it do a good job of suppression?

I only have experience with older easy button models like the M4-2000, so having choices is new to me.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a 36M, but I do have a Rugged Surge 7.62 and a Micro30 in the works. I can tell you that if you thread the cold extensions into a hot can it may very well require strap wrenches to remove when it all cools. So, don't do that. You basically pick how you want to run it in advance.

I spoke with Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop prior to purchases and they haven't seen a threaded end-cap get shot out or loose. I have not had any problems with end-caps getting carbon locked on either rimfire or centerfire cans.

Feedback Score
    Side note: I was considering one and realized I could get 2 supressors to fit that same 2 roles I had in mind for this, for the same price.

What is its purpose(s)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Side note: I was considering one and realized I could get 2 supressors to fit that same 2 roles I had in mind for this, for the same price.

What is its purpose(s)?
    My only personal suppressor is an M4-2000. I want a .300 BO, a mini for 5.56, and 9mm would be a bonus. It seems like this one suppressor would do it all if it lives up to the hype. Ok, I know nothing does. Maybe 75% of the hype. Plus, as a Virginia resident, whatever I get this is the last chance. It'll still be a gamble if we get to keep what we have after the legislature gets done next year. Better to lose one than three.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    ... It'll still be a gamble if we get to keep what we have after the legislature gets done next year. Better to lose one than three.
    Or move or 'move them' to a more friendly jurisdiction. You can leave your NFA in another state if properly secured. Or, if you are in the military you could also find yourself overseas.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an older Omega. Carbon locking so far has been a non-issue. It is used on 5.56, 300BO and, 7.62x51 mainly. When new, I had the ASR mount unscrew once when dismounting the can from a rifle. I snugged the Omega back on its mount and put it on the next rifle and haven't had a second occurrence since.

If you really twist it hard on a hot rifle, the can will lock pretty fricking tight on to the QD muzzle adaptor. It helps to use a more rational twist or to bring a big rubber strap wrench if you want to move the can to yet another rifle.